Railway History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railway History

For all you who are interested in Railroad history this weeks photos include a old train depot in my home town. The trains are long gone and the tracks are gone, But the Depot has been kept alive. I hope you enjoy

On the way to a "back in time" for me

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0971.JPG Views:	123 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	1851088

Only about 10 miles from my home, we are headed to the old Train Station.
    Here's a picture or two

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0979.JPG Views:	103 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	1851089

Here's one more with a little more of the depot and of course the SNS

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0978.JPG Views:	106 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	1851090

I like thisun .
    I had some picture failures of the rest , BUT, I have one more of the depot, and others coming SOON.

IF YALL LIKUM , That is ??

Here ye go on info

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0980.JPG Views:	102 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	1851091
    You Like ?

We are off to home for a few hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0969.JPG Views:	101 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	1851092

That other head in there is my Grandaughter

SEE YA,,,til i get a few more depot pictures

Last edited by Flashback; 09-24-2020, 12:55 PM.

The train depot in my small hometown ended service around the same time as yours and the final train went through town in 1984. Today it is used as a floral & gift shop. I sometimes wonder if train service will one day return to our small towns as a better alternative to the many heavy trucks on our highways.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Just today I thought I have to make a roll pan under tha rear bumper for Josephine, I don't like the original one, but seing your car from behind now I think I'll just paint the tank... It'll look more 60-70's racing style, I like that!
      This is where that picture-that-refuses-to-get-in-here would be...

Comment

Nice old historical building. Glad the UM Church stepped up and bought it. Do they give tours or have meetings there ?

Comment

No tours at this time. There was a acting theater for some years and now the outside has been renovated and they are working on inside. I am going to thy and post some more pictures as promised. The first one is what you saw when you drove up in front when it closed. Handrail and ramp has been added. This is the left front.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1051.JPG Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	1858033
          Couldn't get the whole building in one picture from where I had to stand. Here's the right front.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1052.JPG Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	1858034

I think this was the information and ticket window ? Some of you railroad people might correct me ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1056.JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	1858036

moving around to back side. the track came right by this unloading dock, just past the depot and dead ended. The track and two box cars were removed about two years ago

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1057.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	1858037
          Here is a shot of some construction detail as well as one of the luggage/ freight wagons ( REA Express ) I have one here at home my Dad bought when the depot closed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1054.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1858038Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1058.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	1858039

Hope yall enjoy these photos and I am sure some of you can enlighten us on details.

Here's the wagon my Dad bought in 70's. It has been used for yard art, fixture to place car parts on to paint, work bench and then it was sand blasted and repainted, with plans to rebuild the body. (it only had a flat bead and headboard.) In the last 6 to 8 years for a platform for my wife to build a fall and Christmas decoration on.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	1858045

Attached Files
          Last edited by Flashback; 09-24-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Neat place Tex! Seeing that wagon reminded me of the one just like it that we used as a storage rack for used tires at the Texaco station we had in Wisconsin. When I opened up in the morning I had to push it out to it's parking spot on the driveway, and the part time help would bring it back in when they closed. That was 45 years ago, where did the time go? Enjoy your car sir, it is very good looking! Bill

Comment

Working...
            X