Joan the Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan the Lark

My 1st Studebaker! Joan is a 1962 Lark Deluxe, Skybolt Six, 3 on the tree with overdrive, deluxe steering wheel, appearance package, climatizer, reclining seatbacks, manual AM radio. Less than 48K miles, she’s been in storage for about 40 years. Bought her on August 1st at auction, for less than $2K.
    Had to install new master cylinder & tires off the bat, did oil change also. Replacing little items as we go. Previous owner had electric fuel pump installed & cleaned out gas tank, due to rust. May have to eventually replace tank, if I can find a new one.
    All in all, she runs, gets lots of smiles & thumbs up. Here’s hoping for years of enjoyment.

SCORE!
    My very first was a '62 Regal four door VI with manual and overdrive; but in Riviera Blue.
    Came to me when my grandfather passed away in 1971. It infected me with the virus that must be obeyed.
    Half a century later it is no longer with me; but I've been through a number of them, and still retain four.
    I never found anything to dislike about that '62 Lark VI Regal sedan. And the stories it could tell.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thank you, Brad. I’ve been anticipating this Lark since March! I swear I bought every ad, brochure, salesman book, etc. that I could find! Now comes the fun part of sorting out & waking up a sleeping beauty.

Comment

WOW! What a great buy!!!
        Looks like a GREAT car. Don't let anyone tell you that the little 6 isn't enough engine. With 3 speed and OD you can cruse with the best of them. Super find. Please keep us posted as you put it back on the road.
        Nick

Comment

Thanks, Nick! I’ll definitely update as things get attended to.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Tony!

Very nice original looking Lark!

You will find Lots of interesting reading from our Home Page and "Resources"/"Technical Tips and Data" and other links.
            Here is a very Good one that fits your situation:
            http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/TechThings2do.asp

Check EVERY Fluid you can find; Trans. Main Case, Overdrive Case, Differential, Master Cylinder, all Chassis Grease Fittings and don't forget the Steering Gear.

Learn how to properly use the O.D. and always use it when going 45 MPH or more, to prevent overheating the Engine, as THAT is the biggest killer of these Engines.
            Over Rev = Overheat = Cracks!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Great find nice colour
              love the name enjoy!
              paul

Comment

Kalamazoo, MI, the home of the former Checker Motors Corporation. Checker purchased the tooling for the full-size wheel covers from Studebaker that would have been an option on your car. Just a bit of trivia. Nice car by the way!

sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

StudeRich, thank you for the helpful info! And to Milaca & frankenworks, thank you for the compliments.

Comment

Hi from Kalamazoo. Geat Lark. I'll see you around whenever shows start happening again. Although the Wednesday night cruise-in at Gilmore museum has been happening pretty regularly.

Comment

Michdan, Thanks! Yes, hopefully we can get out to Gilmore.

Comment

Working...
                      X