Buttercup gets a console.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttercup gets a console.

My upholstery guy delivered my console today. It will be bolted directly to the floor, just like this. Notice I removed the ashtray and installed the power window buttons in it's place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200724_150209~2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1847723

Name:	20200724_150229~2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1847724

Name:	20200724_150237~2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1847725
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

I love what you are doing with this car. Regarding power windows...just make sure you do everything possible to protect the wiring connection points from corrosion inside the door and any possible source of the insulation rubbing and chaffing. Unlike many GM vehicles, I have seen at drive-in windows having to open their doors because the windows will not go down. Also, panicked GM drivers with windows that refuse to go up in a sudden downburst!

For me, that was back in the 1980s and add that little problem to the flaking chrome, peeling paint, cracking vinyl interiors, shoddy dealer warranty repair hacks... I have been true to my sworn vow of "never again." Sorry for the rant (not really), but every vehicle I've bought since those days have had power windows and I've never experienced such difficulty with power window failures in them.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Jerry stole my idea!
      DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
      1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by DTHolder View Post
        Jerry stole my idea!
        Like I've said before. I've never had an original thought in my head. Everything I've ever done, the idea came from someone else.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          I love what you are doing with this car. Regarding power windows...just make sure you do everything possible to protect the wiring connection points from corrosion inside the door and any possible source of the insulation rubbing and chaffing.
          Thanks John.
          re. Power windows. This ain't my first rodeo. I've rode this bull before. But still, good advice as always.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post

Thanks John.
            re. Power windows. This ain't my first rodeo. I've rode this bull before. But still, good advice as always.
            go ahead on Jerry. Maybe you can hang on to ol Fu Man Chu for the full 10 seconds this time I'm rootin for ya. I only ever made about 2 seconds

O,BTW, that's a slick looking upholstery job
            Last edited by Flashback; 07-24-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I'm glad to see you found a console and got it done the way you wanted it. As always you do nice work, for a fabricobbler!!! Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. Coming from a professional like yourself, it means a lot to me.
                That is, with me being a pore ole dumb southern boy, born and raised in Aladamnbama, educated in the government schools there of and just barely (with the help of the HS Principle that gave me and extra 1/2 credit to get rid of me) I do alright.
                I think,
                Sometimes I crack even myself up.

Oh, BTW. I found my console (but it needed to be recovered) while I was looking for something else. Have you ever done that?
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post

go ahead on Jerry. Maybe you can hang on to ol Fu Man Chu for the full 10 seconds this time I'm rootin for ya. I only ever made about 2 seconds

O,BTW, that's a slick looking upholstery job
                  Dave, it was a figure of speech. Yeeech. I've never been on a bull,
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
                  X