Buttercup gets a brake fluid reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttercup gets a brake fluid reservoir

This and the accelerator pedal is all that was accomplished today.
    Now my problem is, the nipples on the reservoir are 9mm and the nipples on the master cylinder are 13mm. Looks like I have some more fabricobbling to do.

LOL. This phone knows me pretty well. I typed in 'fab' and fabricobbling pops up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200707_172302~2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1844849 Looking at this picture, I see I have a wire clamp that's a little askew. I gotta fix that. The judges might dock me a couple points for that. As if I'm ever going to have Buttercup judged. NO way, no how.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Jerry, you are a wealth of great ideas, some of which I have copied...on my junk. So please tell what donated this reservoir. About your 'fabricobbling'...that needs to entered into Websters. One day I told Mrs. Junior about your term. Just this past weekend I bought an unused metal chopsaw from a garage sale that didn't work...when Mrs. Junior saw it after work she said that no doubt I'd fabricobble something and have it humming in no time at all. She obviously 'gets it'. cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      Jerry, you are a wealth of great ideas, some of which I have copied...on my junk. So please tell what donated this reservoir.
      Thanks.
      Late model VW Beetle. I mean the early late model. Like maybe the 70's.

QUOTE=junior;n1844928]About your 'fabricobbling'...that needs to entered into Websters. [/QUOTE]

Like I've said before, I've never had an original thought in my head. I've stolen everything from someone else. I got this one from AVE on YouTube. He's a riot.

QUOTE=junior;n1844928]One day I told Mrs. Junior about your term. Just this past weekend I bought an unused metal chopsaw from a garage sale that didn't work...when Mrs. Junior saw it after work she said that no doubt I'd fabricobble something and have it humming in no time at all. She obviously 'gets it'. cheers, Junior[/QUOTE]

Yes it's nice to be matched up with someone that 'gets it'.
      If it wasn't for Deby (the wife unit) pushing me to buy Buttercup I wouldn't have bought him, or she or it whichever descriptor you may want to use for an inanimate object.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Got the lines run today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200710_131440~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	1845317

Click image for larger version  Name:	370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	1845399
        Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 07-10-2020, 06:01 PM.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

oh...I see Buttercup is into 'selfies' or else RHD...lol. what m/c is that Jerry? Thanks, Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

About your 'fabricobbling'...that needs to entered into Websters.
            Websters just added "irregardless" to their lexicon of acceptable words.
            I won't use it regardless.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

oh...I see Buttercup is into 'selfies' or else RHD...lol. what m/c is that Jerry? Thanks, Junior
              I fixed the picture. Yes I had the phone laying on the floor when I took the original picture and it was a selfie. I'll get you the MC info as soon as I get Imgur working.

Edit...... Well, I couldn't get Imgur to work. But here's a picture I have on Postimage of the MC (same type) on Leo. BTW, it's a 1" bore.

Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 07-10-2020, 06:37 PM.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Thanks, that's the same m/c I installed in my car, in fact I'm pretty sure I got the idea in the first place from you. My coupe, with Turner front brakes and s10 Chevy rear brakes takes an excessive amount of leg pressure to stop. I was thinking about going to a smaller bore size. I'll get around to it one day. When Buttercup gets on the road give some feedback on how it stops with this m/c. cheers, Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Buttercup gets all the cool toys!
                  DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
                  1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Working...
                  X