Lucy getting some sun today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy getting some sun today

I got inspired buy SNS to post some pictures and I finally got a few moments to get Lucy ready for the season. Changed the oil and she cranked over and fired so fast almost like she was mad at me for leaving her there all winter.

Drove over to the lift, greased her all up, and checked pretty much everything I could get to with out taking her apart. She was all good, tires didnt even need air. Topped off all the fluids and drove around the yard for a brake test. "Welcome to 2020 Lucy, its a strange world out there."

I decided to live in 1961 the following day and use Lucy for going to work and running my errands (groceries) and snapped these pictures along the way. The last picture is at TROG last year.

Im sad that I have thoughts of selling her cause she is a great runner but the money will be a nice boost for the next Stude. Maybe you guys will see a for sale thread in the not so distant future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E2258.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	1842262

Name:	IMG_E2259.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	1842258

Name:	IMG_E2261.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	1842259

Name:	IMG_E2284.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1842260

Name:	IMG_E2272.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1842263

Name:	TROG1.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1842261
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Glad to know the SNS inspired you, cause this is a cool little Lark that needed to be awakened and driven and pictures needed to be taken and posted !!!!! I would be sad to sell Lucy too. You said your " next Stude". What will it be ?
    Last edited by Flashback; 06-22-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Sudan Beige, Pearl Beige or Desert Sand...? Amazing that in 1961 we had three choices for Dull!

Yours would look great next to my 62 Desert Tan Champ. Very nice Lark!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Glad to know the SNS inspired you, cause this is a cool little Lark that needed to be awakened and driven and pictures needed to be taken and posted !!!!! I would be sad to sell Lucy too. You said your " next Stude". What will it be ?
        I probably wont cause I wont find another in this good of shape that is a true driver.

I have a 352 and a T85 that I am starting to work on. My sights are open for what chassis to put it in. I like the idea of another lark but also like the thought of a larger interior of a commander/hawk. My brain also travels down the road of a custom bullet nose. Whichever it is I going for a pro touring style build. I have specifics but Ill wait to divulge them until the work actually happens cause plans change everyday.
        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post
          Sudan Beige, Pearl Beige or Desert Sand...? Amazing that in 1961 we had three choices for Dull!

Yours would look great next to my 62 Desert Tan Champ. Very nice Lark!
          It is Desert Sand. HAHA "3 choices of dull" when I first got it the paint was fairly oxidized and told myself one day ill paint it. Decided against it cause it polished up so well and keeping it driver quality helps me not obsess about seeing this happen. You cant see it in the picture but she is sitting on my door handle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TROG.JPG Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	1842319
          Attached Files
          Charles

Comment

Clearly cousins..Desert Sand became “Desert Tan”in 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post
              Clearly cousins..Desert Sand became “Desert Tan”in 1962.
              this color looks great on your Champ! Beautiful truck
              Charles

Comment

Nice looking Lark out in the sun ! I have some close friends in your area.

Comment

Nice Ride!!

Comment

Working...
                  X