my new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new car

Hello forum members this is my first post I live in Sydney Australia and I have just brought a 61 hawk !55 years ago I spotted my first one when a teacher drove through the Junior school playground one morning, I said then and there one day I’ll have one of those. Only see a handful down through the years mine was assembled in Australia after being exported in knocked down form from the USA. I’ve put a few photos up and if you look closely the horn button/emblem is cracked I don’t think it’s the right one for the car anyway ,does anyone know if nos stock is available? Another thing I would love to put on the car is a set of wire wheels any advise appreciated. The car has a reconditioned 289, variable speed assist electric power steering, disk brake conversion, period correct air con, cruise control and a few other things.
    cheers guys
    Peter

Welcome! Great looking car. I have always thought the 1961 Hawks were the best of the bunch. I guess that is why I also have one. You have come to the right place to get help and information on your new addition. The Forum is the best!
    Nick

Comment

Welcome !! Beautiful car you have there. Looks like it's a driver now, and a tinker and enjoy.

Comment

Welcome, Here is a list of Studebaker Vendor's as we have a large base of parts availability.

https://www.studebakervendors.com/

I'm sure as you express your needs, you will get suggestions as to the appropriate ones. I usually check Studebaker International and Steven Allen as a first go round but there are many others that are quality operations.

BTW, nice car.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for tips and feedback on parts etc guys.
          Have emailed a parts supplier in usa about a few parts. But have already sourced some parts I need out of Australia like new top and bottom radiator hoses replacement grill badge new plastic lense for horn button Ect from very helpful guy is Australia.
          thanks again
          peter

Comment

Working...
          X