New Member My M16 Roll off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member My M16 Roll off.

Hello all! First post here. Thought I would show off my truck! This truck was built by my dad and honestly has very little Studebaker in it other than the cab. He started this project with a complete M16 that we used in our family gravel pit which had a 5th wheel on it and pulled a small water tank that supplied water for our gravel crusher to keep the dust down. Unfortunately it was a bit far gone with rust and would have required far too much time to save. Dad was determined though to do a Studebaker and eventually found just a bare cab. Along with the cab, came a Chevy RV frame, as the gentleman that had it was planning on a very similar project that my dad had in mind but didn't have the time to work on. Dad also had some cattle and several years before had purchased a stock truck with a straight 6 engine that was quickly replaced with a 455 Olds engine. He was probably in his early to mid 70's when he started work on the roll off and had sold the cattle off a couple years before so he decided to use the 455 in this project. This required moving the firewall back roughly 4". My brother is a machinist and between the 2 of them they built the roll off bed again using the bed off the old stock truck. The car on the back is a mid 60's Austin Healey Sprite that the two of us built and raced in autocross. It also has very little Healey left in it. It has a Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed manual trans and a cut down Ford 9" rearend as we kept twisting the axles off in the original Healey rear end. Dads 87 now and from the time he retired until present he built or restored 8 vehicles that have been passed on to his children the last one being an MGB that my son helped finish just this spring with my dad sitting in a chair barking orders! Thanks for letting me share!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7900.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	1834973Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7930.JPG Views:	0 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	1834974 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7966.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1834979
    Last edited by Catch84; 05-11-2020, 06:53 AM. Reason: Weird picture attachment

Great looking truck and as a former MGB owner it looks great in that color , Ed

Comment

What a great looking truck, I would like to build one some day.

Comment

Wow that is too cool. I love the build!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
          And a pleasure to see a Morgan Garage product in a pleasing color!
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thats Morris garage , Morgan was uptown , Ed

Comment

Working...
            X