Hideaway Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hideaway Seat

Original interior except carpet in my 63 Daytona Wagon with fixed roof and hideaway seat. Strange color combo but factory

Looks great - friends '64 wagon has the rear speaker option and third seat as well.

Last edited by 62champ; 06-23-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Its looking great!! Appears you have cleaned and detailed it some since you first acquired it. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....identification

Craig

Comment

Yes Major work All rust repaired, painted from belt line down, carpet, headliner, complete brakes, motor and trans, replace orig AC with new. Exhaust this week and it is ready for the road!
        Last edited by Wasjunk; 05-10-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

It is a nice wagon. I believe that it is the first 1963 station wagon, not a Wagonaire, that I have seen with the third seat. It is referred to as a Hideaway seat and it cost $123.74 (includes four wheels with CaptiveAir tires instead of the five stock wheels and tires). It was an available option on all P models (wagon and Wagonaire).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank You Part of the reason I bought it I though it was a little different

Comment

That tailgate is the nicest one I have ever seen! And I have owned 8 different wagonaires. I know it is a fixed roof wagon but still the nicest!

Mark

Comment

Thank You It took a bit to get it looking like that but was a better starting point than most

Comment

Dave:
                  You have done a great job on bringing that Wagonaire back to life! Looks outstanding now. I envy the great way that 3rd seat looks now! Good job! Keep us posted.
                  Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Wasjunk View Post
                    Yes Major work All rust repaired, painted from belt line down, carpet, headliner, complete brakes, motor and trans, replace orig AC with new. Exhaust this week and it is ready for the road!
                    I sure hope you have it at the International Meet in Indianapolis next year!!

Craig

Comment

Will try to make it. Wanted to make it this year but thats not happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasjunk View Post
                        Will try to make it. Wanted to make it this year but thats not happening now.
                        Such a shame that so much fun has been cancelled this year.

Would you mind taking a photo of how your trailer hitch is affixed to the wagon? I am awaiting the arrival of my new-to-me 63 Daytona Wagonaire and I would like to build a hitch-- looking for ideas! Thanks!

Comment

There was a guy on eBay from TX that made hitches for Studebakers. They bolted into where the rear bumpers connected. You just need3d a little longer bolts. I have pixs of his, if you like, pm your Emil dress and I’ll send them.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X