Your 1950 Commaander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 1950 Commaander

This is the wife’s 1950 Commaander. We picked it up a few years ago in Taylor Tx. One family had the car since new and had never been out of the city limits of Taylor

A 1950 Commander F-body !
    Pretty rare flight there! And very nicely done.
    Not often seen. Thanks for sharing that.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

The next to last picture makes that front look soooo long. I know there are 18” longer than the Champ, but just beautiful.

Mark

Comment

I know it is no the same car, but here is another '50 Studebaker, in Taylor, Texas, back in the day...

Comment

Very nice. Thanks for posting. When you tire of it, call me.
          Bob
          Bob
          Welland Ontario
          60 Lark Convertible
          64 Daytona
          sigpic
          "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Awesome!
            As others have offered - thank you for sharing and let me know when she tires of it!

I really love the seats and center console. I sure how we live far apart because I am stealing your design for my 50 Commander.
            DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
            1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Is that what I think it is?
              There are NUMBERS 0 to 8 at the bottom of the Clock Dummy! That would be a really creative way to build a discrete Tach!

I am guessing that the Stock 100 MPH Speedo might not be quite enough though!

That and the Stock Air Cleaner used to feed some kind of Modern Engine is way COOL!
              Last edited by StudeRich; 05-01-2020, 03:05 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes did make a tack out out the dummy. All the gauges have been covered to electrical. The air cleaner was one of them ideas that everyone told me would look bad. I almost left it the stock colors. But I chicken out. Car drives like a dream. I need to post the drivers side taillight. It’s the gas door now.

Comment

What are the front seats out of? Are they from a production car, or are they Racaro or...?

Interesting how the rear bumper is 50 Commander and the front bumper is 49 Commander.

A cool car and rarely does one rod a 50 Commander.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                  10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                  56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                  60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Seats are made and sold from a guy out of Louisville Ky. They are a no power seat. I made the power frame and motor placements myself. Trying to keep it as low as I could. Then used the original covers off the bottom of the front set to cover all the workings. The front bumper is three different bumpers cut and welded together. It originally had a flat spot for a license plate.

Comment

Thought some of you would like to see how I did the gas door/taillight used a six inch ram to push the light out.

Comment

I mean this in the most polite way. you suck
                        You sir are speaking right to my heart. I love the "gas door".
                        DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
                        1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

The valance panel between the bumper and grills is also a nice addition to a 1950 model. Click image for larger version  Name:	valance.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	1837119
                          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10,
                          '51 Commander Starlight,
                          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Here is one thing that was a Challenge mounting these 37 Hubcapes on a set of 17 Steelie’s

Comment

Working...
                            X