Hawk among Rolls Royce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk among Rolls Royce

I was invited to a Rolls Royce car club event that had a speak I was of interest to me; a pro photographer that had an amazing collection of NY bridges that he climbed up and over. I drove my 64 Hawk R1 to the event and was greeted with many if not all wonderful remarks. photo collage attached, well the file to too large.
    can anyone tell me how to reduce the resolution and size to show the photo????

This sounds nice, but I am surprised that an event like that could be held in NY or NJ at this virus time, or is that in the FL part of your address?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No, the event was in Tappan NY off of the Palisades Pkwy. Somehow I got on their mailing list and responded that I did not have any R.R. I informed them I had beautiful Studebakers. they still sent emails and kept inviting me, the event was held in a historic restaurant. 10 R.R. and my Studebaker, a great collage of pictures I put together, but the size is too large to post. I asked the members to advise how to reduce the size for sharing.

Comment

If you send me your email, Ill send it that way or a PM
        Mark

Comment

I was able to get the answer from others on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
            I was able to get the answer from others on the forum
            But the file as you posted it is not compatible with the forum.
            Attached Files
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I KNEW I should have gone to that one...

Comment

"Hawk among Rolls Royce"

I guess it's OK to lower your standards and mingle with lesser cars sometimes.

Comment

I see that you weren't the only "outsider" there. I see what appears to be a Dodge and a Bentley from the post RR connection era.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We have had a couple GT Hawk guys in our chapter that been asked if they were driving a Rolls.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Maybe you could get a RR hood ornament, and mount it on top of your grill?

Mark
                      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Thanks for many of the humorous comments. The truck was there for "show" not a functioning vehicle. Yes, one member of the RR club brough his "lesser" Bentley. Funny remarks from a few that their car was in the shop. Of course, I said, isn't that what a collection is all about?
                        thank you for enjoying our proud collection
                        Makr

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          This sounds nice, but I am surprised that an event like that could be held in NY or NJ at this virus time, or is that in the FL part of your address?
                          The entire state of NY has been told what to do and how to act in this time of dire crisis, makes no difference where the event was held, it was in NYS.........and common sense should have "suggested" that events like this be eschewed.

Comment

Your Hawk looks almost like a transitional model between the Rolls and newer Bently Continental GT.
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Thanks Andy. The event was fun. I don't think I will move towards buying a Rolls, not exactly my thing. Besides, If I ever lit up a cigar, Im sure the ghosts of Rolls would blow ash everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X