63 Wagon quarter panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Wagon quarter panels

When there are no replacement quarter panels I guess you just build your own

Nice job!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words

Comment

When I owned my 1963 Wagonaire, you could still buy NOS quarter panels. I guess that everything runs out eventually.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I found one set but he is keeping for his own car. I respect that and moved forward.

Comment

If you made some up I am sure you would have people standing in line for them. Very nice!

mark

Comment

If anyone needs some, look for Parts Car FIXED Roof '63-'66 Wagons!
              They do not drain the Sliding Roof drain hoses into the 1/4 Panels and should survive.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Good thought but this is a fixed roof car and still pretty rusty. Every Studebaker from the midwest I have been involved with has had serious rust issues. I started working on them back in the mid 70s and they are only getting worse as time goes on. Poor older repairs are not helping the matters either. A lot of fiberglass and tar covering up the problems on this one whenI got it.

Comment

StudeRich raises (as usual!) a good point; "do not drain the Sliding Roof drain hoses into the 1/4 Panels"

An ancient Turning Wheels article suggested routing those slider drains to the outside, and I did it on the one I owned.

FYI, there are 4 drains; 2 on each side.
                  The 2 forward ones drain inside the B pillar & into the rocker, and of course the 2 rear ones drain into the rear quarters.

Remove the upper & lower B pillar trim, and rear corner (painted metal I think?) covers, to access that drain hoses, & replace them with new tubing
                  cut long enough to run outside the car.
                  You can route the forward hoses out through the inside edge of the rocker at an opening just behind a body support.
                  For the rears you have to drill a hole down low through the inner quarter.
                  I had the hoses extended outside about an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasjunk View Post
                    Good thought but this is a fixed roof car and still pretty rusty. Every Studebaker from the midwest I have been involved with has had serious rust issues. I started working on them back in the mid 70s and they are only getting worse as time goes on. Poor older repairs are not helping the matters either. A lot of fiberglass and tar covering up the problems on this one whenI got it.
                    Good point, I should have added that "Most West Coast or No-Salt States Fixed Roof 'Wagons' have little to No rust in the 1/4 Panels".
                    I have seen a few and own one '64 Wagon without the problem, and I did attribute it to, NO Wagonaire Slider.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Couple follow up pictures of quarters completed

Comment

Really nice job Dave! Great looking Wagonaire! Thanks for listing it on the Wagonaire Registry.
                        Nick

Comment

Nice looking panel repairs and Wagon. I have a Kansas 63 Wagonaire I’m working on also when time allows.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks good. I thought Kansas was a no rust state. But I know there is no such thing as a Studebaker with no rust.

Comment

Working...
                            X