Stillwater, OK Stude Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stillwater, OK Stude Dealer

Had a FB friend send me this pic, asking if I remembered anything about the dealership. His grandfather was Frank Madole, one of the principles in the dealership. Anybody know anything about this dealership? Click image for larger version

Name:	82024472_615703965866605_6197720241435312128_n.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1816226
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

https://www.studebaker-info.org/Dealers/alldealers.html

Comment

That Mercury - Studebaker combination is different. What exists at that address now?
      Last edited by studegary; 01-07-2020, 07:16 PM. Reason: missing t
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks, Robert! That link is interesting, in that it called up a dealership I had mentioned a week or so ago.

There have been several Studebaker dealers in Stillwater since 1911, that's for sure!

For the sake of a time reference regarding the dealership in the original post, I moved to Stillwater at the tender age of 11 in 1958. At about the same time, the phone company instituted the dial system, so the FR2 prefix came into being about that time. So the dealership in question would have been active from that time frame forward.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          That Mercury - Studebaker combination is different. What exists a that address now?
          Good question, Gary, thanks for asking! It is currently an independent appliance store, formally a Sears outlet. I still don't remember it being a car dealership, but the building would certainly have served that purpose well. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1816243
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
            Thanks, Robert! That link is interesting, in that it called up a dealership I had mentioned a week or so ago.

There have been several Studebaker dealers in Stillwater since 1911, that's for sure!

For the sake of a time reference regarding the dealership in the original post, I moved to Stillwater at the tender age of 11 in 1958. At about the same time, the phone company instituted the dial system, so the FR2 prefix came into being about that time. So the dealership in question would have been active from that time frame forward.
            Probably only about 1958 to 1962 or early 1963 for the form shown. The address would have a Zip Code after that (1963). Of course the dealership could have existed outside those time limits (early as 1939 and late as 1966).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

Probably only about 1958 to 1962 or early 1963 for the form shown. The address would have a Zip Code after that (1963). Of course the dealership could have existed outside those time limits (early as 1939 and late as 1966).
              The form would be earliest March, 1960, with the 'Comet' logo on it.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

The form would be earliest March, 1960, with the 'Comet' logo on it.

Craig
                Good point. I knew that there were 1960 model Comets, but I didn't know that they came out that late. They could have been 1961 models.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                X