No announcement yet.

New project for me 51 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a little more today, almost ready for primer, hopefully Friday or early next week

Comment

Spent last Saturday getting the motor ready to put back in the chassis.
      Very happy with the look.
      motor was stripped cleaned,new oil pump, timing chain and gears, new cam, lifters, springs. Corvette oil pan for clearance and capacity, hooker cast iron headers 2 1/2 diameter exit.
      Stock truck intake cleaned and painted.

Comment

those headers look awesome, and should last a long, long time without the usual tube header headaches. cheers, junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks junior, it was an easy decision to make.

Comment

Finally got the box in to be primed, I can take it back to the shop to fit it back on the frame.
            I will pick up all the new glass today.
            the motor is now ready for it’s new home, a few details to do before it goes back in.

Comment

For the first time since I purchased the truck I had all the panels on

Comment

Looking very good. Always liked that body style too.
                Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

nice work, you have made great progress on this truck in a short time! are you going with a front bumper or no bumper...just wondering as I have always loved the style of the 2R's but the front bumper treatment struck me as not fitting in with the overall design of the the truck. the factory ones seemed to be rather functional at best, but never part of the overall integrated design. cheers, junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I am with you on the bumper, I am not sure which way to go at this point.
                    When I picked the truck up there was a chrome bumper that looked like a chev bumper of the early to mid fifties. So we will see.
                    I am hoping to get the 4 link in this weekend but it depends on what is in my friends shop, if it is clear then I will roll it in and go for it.

paul

Comment

Started yesterday to get rid of the leaf springs and install the 4 link with coilovers
                      i have to finish the welds but it is in!
                      I had a knowledgeable friend guide me through the steps after I showed him my numbers and what I wanted.

Comment

Progress has been slow, finally got the gauge panel and the glovebox door done.
                        They are both done in black walnut, I wanted a different look. I used the originals as patterns.
                        i attacked the cab this past weekend, door hinges are bad so I removed them all and started replacing the pins today.
                        To remove the pins I got them red hot then hit them with an air chisel with a pinch a bit smaller than the pin. Success!!

Comment

Here’s the instrument cluster in

Comment

Other than the look of the body, there will be nothing "old" about this truck when you are finished. The hard work will pay off in the end. Keep the information coming.

Comment

Cab steps are cab corners are in, still need to get it on a lift to finder the welding.
                              i sentbthe doors out to be stripped.
                              i knew there was some pin holes and bought new metal to repair but wanted to make sure there were no new surprises.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X