Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project for me 51 pickup

New member here!
    I found a 51 pickup when searching for something different.
    The truck had been started on 25 years ago then left indoors until I bought it.
    lots of work had been done, but not a restoration.
    a Camaro front clip had been added, firebird diff with disc brakes, the firewall had been pushed back 4 inches to accomadate a bbc.
    The body was in very good condition, cab comers need to be replaced due to pinholes, passenger floor needs a patch.
    Lots of dents and dings as it must have been a work truck
    truck was built in Hamilton Ontario 45 minutes away from where I grew up.
    Attached Files

The truck will now have a 4.8ls automatic and hopefully be ready for a road trip in 2020.
    paul

Comment

Am interested in how they pushed back the firewall. Cut it out all the way around?
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Cool stuff! May I suggest that you order a copy of your truck's factory production form online from the Studebaker National Museum? It would both prove interesting and may guide you on how you want to proceed with your build.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Skip, very hard to tell the firewall was pushed back, it was done very cleanly.
          i will get a better picture when I get the motor out for cleanup,
          just got the motor mounts finished.
          paul

Comment

Welcome to the Studebaker world. Thanks for posting and keep us up to date with your progress.
            Bob
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

frankenworks, what is your VIN? I also have a '51 pickup from the Hamilton plant. I am 45 minutes in the other direction of Hamilton. Welcome to the forum and the group.

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome, the real work begin in another month.
                just trying to decide which way to go with a couple of things.
                I would like to have a stock looking truck with modern running gear.

Comment

Spent the day in the shop today, removed the box cut off some rusty bits at the front of the box, test fit the fenders after a few repairs. The fenders were off the truck when I bought it so I flying blind.
                  tomorrow I go after the cab corners.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X