Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JunkYardDog
    replied
    Will for the time being it's indoors and stored. The fabric is in terrible shape on the seats but the springs and frames seem to be good and the seats are good in that respect. The floors are my main concern but Ive dealt with other cars with that problem before so I'm hoping for the best on that note. The dash is in good shape no one has butched it, if everything inside looked as cherry as it is I'd have it made.
    As far as Convertables go I've got mine just look at my thread and picture of my 53 Studie duce and a half :&gt or do you have something smaller in mind ????

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    I'm always in over my head,but... Wow that looks good.Is the inside good? That's what is going to cost, I think is the inside, which my '57 needs badly. I have been sanding on the outside,it's a little rusty.Good luck with your project,JunkYardDog,Next one, I want a convertable!! I love riding with the top down. Makes you just enjoy going out for a ride. Please keep us up dated, Michele

Leave a comment:

• JunkYardDog
    replied
    Just got this one this pass month and going after a parts car for it next weekend "I hope" , This is the first V-8 I've ever owned my 58 Pickup is the Flathead 6 ....

I think I lucked out pretty good on some of the parts on this one, Factory Radio and clock. Starts right up but has bearing noise. rust in floor boards but body is fair. I just don't see this model at car shows so I'm pretty happy to get a hold of it. Money wise I'll never be able to make her new again but I'm looking forward to makeing it as original as I can and bringing her back to life :&gt Good luck on yours I think the 57's are pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Old habits die hard...

We need our own topic.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

StudeDave has a history of doing what the Pres says. Give the Pres a chance to talk to him.
    You do know I retired in September, right [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    StudeDave has a history of doing what the Pres says. Give the Pres a chance to talk to him.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Michele

Studedave57 is not going to stay here in Calif.
    That's not a fact yet~ Give it a few weeks...

StudeDave '57 [?]

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    I'm just hand sanding the rust off right now. Got to check into a kit for the insides. Studedave57 is not going to stay here in Calif. So, I'm still looking for some help!! Just to have someone who has done some work on stude before. I don't mind the work or getting dirty, but I'm guess at how to do a lot of things. I'll keep everyone up-dated, Thanks, Michele

Leave a comment:

• Steve T
    replied
    What a wonderful reason to dive into a Stude project! All the best with this grand old Prez, and keep us posted on progress...

S.

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Michele

Yes, it's alot of work, but right now I want to make it pretty and safe that my dad can take it for a few more rides in it and enjoy himself. He's a great dad and I know he's getting up there in age,I would like to see his face when it's done, because he thinks I'm going to sell it!!He doesn't know I'm fixing it up.
    That's a neat story. Keep us posted with pictures and narrative as you make progress. [^][8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Great ride!
    Straight body.
    Easy surface rust.
    Superb crusing machine!
    Love it!
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Yes, it's alot of work, but right now I want to make it pretty and safe that my dad can take it for a few more rides in it and enjoy himself. He's a great dad and I know he's getting up there in age,I would like to see his face when it's done, because he thinks I'm going to sell it!!He doesn't know I'm fixing it up.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Your car brings back memories. My first Studebaker was a 1957 President Classic and I also owned a 1957 President four door sedan, like yours.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    HEY!!! I love it![]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    ooooh, so much fun work to do! Very exciting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X