X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clonelark
    replied
    Hi;
    Great looking Studie, The wheels are Tru spokes, used to have them on my street rod.

Leave a comment:

• Ora Ashley
    replied

Very nice!

Question, where did you source the wheels?

Oran
    quote:Originally posted by wmsteve

In progress...

Oran Ashley

Leave a comment:

• Steve T
    replied
    Woooo...if that gorgeous beast is "in progress", I guess my Lark is actually a parts car!

S.

Leave a comment:

• rmmpe
    replied
    Thanks StudeGary.

It's my 1st shot on this forum.
    BTW, I mis-wrote. I'm looking at a Starlight.
    Bob

Carry on, regardless

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    rmmpe - I suggest that you move your post and questions to the General Section and not the Member's Pictures section. Welcome and good luck. I do not believe in driving any unknown car a long distance. Get it home, check it out, then drive it. All of the cars pictured above are Starlights, not Starliners. The grilles and parking light housings (grille bars) are among the most difficult to obtain (read: expensive). Reproduction exterior mirrors are available. The bumpers only fit '53-'54.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• rmmpe
    replied
    I've located a 1953 Starline Coupe (much like wmsteve's) of interest to me. Before I jump into this I'd like to know if there's anything I should be especially concerned with.

This vehicle is essentially stock excepting the interior and drivetrain, which is now a SB Oldsmobile V8 through an automatic. The rear end is Ford. The car does run and move in what appears to be an acceptable manner. If I do go with this, I'd plan to drive it from MA to my home in Milford, PA.

Also, I'd be interested in getting info on such things as bumpers, grill inserts, front turn signals, exterior mirrors, etc.

I do not intend to restore this vehicle but rather drive it for pleasure and to-from "Cruise Night" gatherings.

Any help will be appreciated.

Carry on, regardless

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Sweeeeet ride in fact. The wheels are just
    the right touch. All that is needed. I had
    one just like it, wheels and all, except it
    was anniversary gold, when I was 16. (1960)
    I love it ( my wheels came from an early chrysler 300)

Tex E. Grier

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    great idea, nice comparison.

Leave a comment:

• wmsteve
    replied
    Hey! Thanks!! It has taken me three weekends to try and figure out how to get a picture from Photobucket to this forum; It wasn't going to defeat me! Yes it's stock ('cept the tires and wheels). Dylan, I'm sorry but, I bought the wheels 15 years ago from a outfit in Texas (they were the only ones that I could find that fit the original bolt pattern) and I can't remember who they were?!? Sharon: You, Dave and Hawk can sit, sleep and "try" to get a speeding ticket in my car any time you wish!!!

The third photo is a 1950 Olds' Rocket 88. I like to take pictures next to other brand "era" cars to see the styling breakthrough that the '53 really was...

Leave a comment:

• Sharon
    replied
    Hi Steve, your car is good lookin', you better bring it to Cedar Rapids. I think Hawk would like to sit in it and have his picture taken.
    Sharon

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Sweet! And are those Buick wire wheels?

Dylan
    '61 lark regal 4dr wagon

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Clean!

Chris Pile