58 Silver Hawk - "Sadie Hawkins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Silver Hawk - "Sadie Hawkins"

She's a work in progress...but still gorgeous!

Nice car, are you done yet? Looking forward to seeing progress on it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Looks like a nice solid Hawk. Is it modified, other than the wheels/tires? I like your garage facility.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks! We picked her up in early August. We're going to put the original wheels back, and eventually give her nice paint. At the moment she's mechanically sound, no rust, totally straight, and the interior is in perfect shape. We'll keep posting photos as we get more done. Small steps at the moment...

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Nice car, are you done yet? Looking forward to seeing progress on it.

Comment

Most everything is original. We're going to put the original wheels back on. I don't like the look of the street rod. We want to keep her as close to stock as possible. She runs like a dream!

Sadly, that isn't our garage. That's where we inspected her undersides before buying.

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Looks like a nice solid Hawk. Is it modified, other than the wheels/tires? I like your garage facility.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Good lookin' ride- I see two good things about it right off the bat. It's got Washington plates with Frost & French frames. Hang onto those license plate frames!!! Yes, I'm a bit biased, but that's because Dad used to work there... [:0]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            San Diego, Ca.
            San Diego County SDC

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
            '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Kelly, this forum if full of body and drivetrain [u]experts</u>, but don't let them lead you astray! Keep that georgeous car stock as you say, and it will thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I know what I like and original always looks best. Besides, the Hawk was so far ahead of its time, there's no need for additional mod cons.

I will be looking to experts for advice on finding little bits and pieces, but in general its just really nice to find people with similar passions for Studes!

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Kelly, this forum if full of body and drivetrain [u]experts</u>, but don't let them lead you astray! Keep that georgeous car stock as you say, and it will thank you.

Comment

That's great! We bought her up in Mount Vernon, WA (about an hour from our house). The collector plates just arrived, so we did take off the Frost & French licence plate frame. It's hanging in our garage with other memorabilia.

Anyone know where to get the reversing light lenses (plastic covers)? We're missing one and the other one is pretty cracked.

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Good lookin' ride- I see two good things about it right off the bat. It's got Washington plates with Frost & French frames. Hang onto those license plate frames!!! Yes, I'm a bit biased, but that's because Dad used to work there... [:0]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                  San Diego, Ca.
                  San Diego County SDC

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
                  '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
                  '55 PROTOTYPE panel van

Comment

Kelly; that is a great car, I believe the Classic Car Lot salesman told us it was a long stored "Barn Find" and it looks very solid, I was impressed with it's "fully loaded" accessory option list! you got a good car! [^]

I am right here in Ferndale, WA and can send you the back-up light lenses and anything that is available for your car if you email me, my son Mike (hotwheels63r2) will get the message to me, but is sometimes hard to reach when he's working and away from his cell phone.

The way you get the option to email a Forum Member is click on their "handle" and click on: "click to send an email".

By the way welcome to the Studebaker Drivers Club and to the Forum! The Seattle, North Puget Sound Chapter or Whatcom County Chapter will be glad to have you as a member if you sign up for the National SDC Membership and get your not to be missed, monthly copy of "Turning Wheels". The International Meet is going on now, so soon we will have the International Meet Issue with all of the 1st. thru 3rd. place winners of all the classes in the big car show, don't miss it! [^]

quote:Originally posted by ksburrows

Anyone know where to get the reversing light lenses (plastic covers)? We're missing one and the other one is pretty cracked.
                    StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

My mother bought one new with those same colors.

Leonard Shepherd
                      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

"Sadie Hawkins dance, In my khaki pants, theres nothin' better! Oh oh oh!"
                        I cannot tell you who does that song or what it is about, but I do remember all of my buddies listening to it when I was in high school. You have probably never heard of it. But it rang a bell with me. (I wanna say Relient K...the band) BTW...where did you get that name? Nice Hawk too!

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

Working...
                        X