Studebaker Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Step

This is my first post in this forum, though I'm by no means new to the web. I am however interested in what the members of this forum can tell me about this step, while it's not a car or truck part it is defiantly Studebaker. when you look at it on the original site there is more info on it.
    there is one picture of the step here.
    http://d60433.deviantart.com/(they don't seem to have compatible links) and yet another Here:

thank you for all your help and info.
    I'm a little interested in what this might be worth too.

Guido will tell you all about this horse-drawn vehicle step. Wait for him to find this or email him. I even think it would be ok to put this in the Studebaker specific forum.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Yes, Jim, move this over to the General Studebaker Discussion Dept.

That step plate is from a Studebaker buggy and, as the other Bob said, Gary "Guido" Hearn will likely respond as soon as he sees this thread. I hauled a 1904 Studebaker buggy to Virginia for Guido last fall, and the two steps on it looked just like the item you posted. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

thank you Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
          That step plate is from a Studebaker buggy and, as the other Bob said, Gary "Guido" Hearn will likely respond as soon as he sees this thread. I hauled a 1904 Studebaker buggy to Virginia for Guido last fall, and the two steps on it looked just like the item you posted. BP
          Bob,

That buggy is stored in my mother's garage and I have not seen it since November (but I will this weekend when I take it to the Somerset Steam and Gas Show). Of course, unlike my other vehicles I do not have a picture of the step but in a couple you can see that it is rectangular. Good eye and memory!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by D60433
            I'm a little interested in what this might be worth too.
            I bought mine on e-Bay and think I gave less than $15 for it.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
            X