The saturday night special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saturday night special

WELL, it's been a year and I have finally started making some progress. whenClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1760561I left off I was working on the left door. Got it aligned, and moved to reworking the fan shroud some to fit the new radiator. After some cutting, welding, body filler, and sanding, it was ready for new paint.. trying for some photo now=Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1760560
    Last edited by Flashback; 06-02-2019, 01:10 PM.

Might I ask.....what radiator did you use?
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Had it custom built at Brice Thomas Radiator in Gadsden, Al. We spent 2 weeks sending drafts back and forth, til the final drawing was put to life. It has a larger upper inlet to match the 63 engine. Larger tubes than normal and offset to cool better.

Comment

Glad to see you’re back at it Tex. The SNS needs to be back on the road.

The same shop in Gadsden did the radiator in my ‘51. They do nice work.

Comment

What's the box on the dr. side firewall for...ignition? Looks like you're keeping the retro-racing steering wheel, and hopefully the Hurst shifter too? cheers, junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks Matt. It's good to be back on the car again. Yep, I was well pleased with the quality of the radiator and with the difference in cooling.

Junior, The box is the sending unit for the old school dash mounted tach.

Here's some more progress pics. I have the fenders undercoated and the inner fender panels painted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1010.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1728177

Comment

Got a couple more pieces painted and bout got the upper part of the firewall ready to paintClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1013.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1728193Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1006.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1728194 Boy, I don't know what I was thinking when I was talked into using epoxy. That stuff is tough to sand. It's plain ol "what I am used to" lacquer primer from here on out. LOL

Comment

Moving forward. Got the top of the firewall painted. didn't turn out as nice as I wanted. However, it is painted and I can finish (I guess) adjusting the right door and will soon be ready for front sheet metalClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1014.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1728227

Comment

Got the right door adjusted. Wiper motor on and linkage. Finished wiring thru firewall, and put the defroster hoses on, connected the heater control, and finished installing a turn to start ignition switch. The following photos will show how an old man working by himself trial fits a fender, LOL. (Thank God for the overhead trolley and electric hoist I installed years ago.) I will trial fit the fenders and then block and reprime. I just had to take it out and drive to the store to get gas today, because I will have to clean the engine and firewall and wrap it up while I am priming and sanding. Plan to get this done and fenders on in about 3 weeks. Here's a few shots of the finished engine and firewall and fitting the fender===Don't laugh

Name:	DSCF1024.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1728414Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1033.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1728415Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1029.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1728416

Comment

Laugh? Hell, I'm envious. Looking good Tex, keep the info and pic's coming, I always like to see excellent work getting done. Bill

Comment

Great progress Tex...she's going to be back in shape before you know it! cheers, junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working in a few little projects on the SNS. Pictures of the going ons. Coolant recovery tank gonna replace battery box. Welded in the hood and trunk brightworks and such. Took radio "back out" and put a NOS delete plate in, finished wiring under dash after changing to later model ignition switch, and tying a few ends at dash. AND , LOL installed a NOS "bungee cord" door latch on the right door. Yall do know when you click on these photos they get bigger ??

Name:	DSCF1044.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1728599 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1039.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1728600 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1036.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1728605 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1038.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1728606 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1041.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1728607

Comment

[QUOTE=Flashback;1163495] Yall do know when you click on these photos they get bigger ??

And if you click on them a second time they'll get bigger. Click on them a third time and they'll get even bigger. At least that's the way it is on my laptop.
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Update on progress: Got the inside of the trunk painted.. Got the underside of the trunk lid painted, and got the hinges all ready and installed them. Got the trunk lid strapped up (thank God again for the electric hoist). When it's a one man show you have to improvise. Getting ready to put the trunk lid back , and ?

Name:	DSCF1047.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1728902 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1052.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1728903 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1054.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1728905

Comment

AND--- moving along with the rest of the trunk story.. Finished the trunk install and adjustment.. Then started up and let the SNS run a little,,moving outside and letting it get a little sun.. Now gotta work out the trunk lock situation. A little body filler, blocking,sanding,primer ,,AGAIN, Maybe move to the front air scoop and finish it ?

Name:	DSCF1057.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1728993 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1060.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1728994 Click image for larger version

Name:	veterans%20day%2016%20010_zpsh8e5eazh.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB