No announcement yet.

The saturday night special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	1816992Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	1816993Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0392.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	1816995 Well weather still got me slowed. I have the grill bars out and ready to polish.. Have the brackets painted, located all clips, and got bolts ready. Maybee, get the grill bars in this weekend ? My headliner came in and it is laying out to dewrinkle (isataword?) Anyway it's gittin the wrinkles out! Waiting on some warmer weather on a weekend to put headliner in. Have been preparing for the headliner. Have the insulation in the top and have put in the windlace and headliner retainers. Have some tack strip to put in and it'll be ready

Comment

Really PURDDY!! Nice work, Now you need to keep it clean! Bob

Comment

Bob, as slow as I am going , I won't have to worry about gittin it dirty., FOR A WHILE.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	1820812 I posted in the general forum (didn't have pictures) i was going to cut and buff my car, and i was gonna have to get to it to if I got ready for Chattanooga. I was asked what else i had to do. LOL, A LOT !! Got several things going on. TryingClick image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	1820811Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	1820813 to get the quarter windows ready now. Put in some tack strip today. Working on upholstery. And, on and on. Also got the 2 front wheels refurbished. Front 5" and the rear will be 8.5" sneak peek.
          Last edited by Flashback; 03-20-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

love those wheels...they're going to look awesome on the car! cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Click image for larger versionName:	Views:	0Size:	168.5 KBID:	1825970 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	1825969
              Been working a little. The guy that was supposed to cut and buff the car has held me up for about 4 weeks. Since my last post I have finished painting, installing door weatherstrips, and assembling quarter windows. The vent doors and gas tank lid are now on. Cant't put the headliner in until it's buffed. Can't put the windshield and back glass in til the headliner is in. Interior is very slow, but still working on it as well as getting interior moldings ready to paint. Got him washed and taped up openings to ready for buffing. Guy says he is coming tomorrow ???

Not so good "before and after"
              Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_0488.JPGViews:	0Size:	103.7 KBID:	1825971
              Last edited by Flashback; 04-17-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

WOW, that is some quality work WOW

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0549.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	1830841Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0553.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	1830842Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0554.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	1830840Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0558.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	1830839Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0557.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	1830838 Progress Report: First thing today I had to do some shop cleaning​ I am not gonna give you a before shot​ Working on trunk weatherstrip. Gluing a short section at a time while doing other things, like working on the headliner ​ stretching and gluing and letting set. This headliner is wearing me OUT !! Wet sanding the painted part of grill shells to repaint. FedEx brought part of my tires today. Hope to finish some of these projects in the next week or so. We'll see

Comment

It is looking better every time you post pic's Tex!! I know who to call when I get to the headliner installation on my Hawk. I sure hope we have the International meet take place so I can see it and meet you there. Keep plugging away!!!! Bill

Comment

Finished the trunk weatherstrip and it fit and turned out good. Still working on headliner. Not finished with headliner yet . Got to take a break from headliner. The remainder of my tire shipment came in. Getting them mounted and balanced. Will have pictures on them on car soon. Meanwhile, a little lighter note . Dragging out some of the accessories and deciding which ones to use. The tag cover/surround is first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	1831745

Of course I will have to refinish the YOM tag. SOO WHAT DO YOU THINK ??
                      Last edited by Flashback; 04-23-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Still working on headliner and will be finishing it soon. Then on to windshield and back glass, then interior. But movin' on
                        Got the tires and wheels mounted. Backed him out to get a better look. Pictures not good. I'll get some better next few days.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Flashback; 04-26-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

The wheels look awesome on the car, and the car looks awesome because it almost is a car again. Great work. By the time the virus blows through the country you’ll be ready to drive it!

Comment

The wheels are great and I love the early C/K cars in dark colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76546.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1832527
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

OHHHHHH YEAH Tex!!!!!!!!! Boy does that car look good. Really anxious to see the finished product. Bill

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, However the quality of my build is not as good as in past. No show quality. Just as I said before, a backyard hot rod. Finally got the headliner behind me. I don't wanna do another headliner soon Now for the windshield and back glass, so I can get to the interior. The windshield wasn't a big deal. Went in easy. I am afraid the back glass won't be the piece of cake the windshield was. Here's a few pictures of the windshield install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0596.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1833453Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1833454Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1833455
                                Easy as 1, 2, 3. 1. Got pinch weld area clean and ready, and taped off to prevent scratches and so much clean up 2. cleaned old windshield . Put on weatherstrip, stainless trim and bedding compound. 3. Roped it in and now ready for cleanup.

Comment

Working...
                                X