The saturday night special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice build!
    How about a good picture of the shifter? Is it Hurst? I'm curious cuz I wanna have one too & there's a few different shapes, ol' nostalgia...
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
      Nice build!
      How about a good picture of the shifter? Is it Hurst? I'm curious cuz I wanna have one too & there's a few different shapes, ol' nostalgia...
      Thanks ! Here's a better picture of the shifter. As you can see in this picture, it is a Hurst. I fabricated a mount. I have a picture of the box, with the number of the shifter, I believe. I used a old Hurst super boot (not on in this picture. I'll look later for some more or better pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 53 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1728998

Comment

Hey Tex, what's the warning decal on the dash? Also, what's the gizmo below the faux radio buttons?
        Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 09-19-2019, 08:00 AM.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Thanx, that's just what I was after picturewise!
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Trying to play young Jerry ? LOL You old enough to remember the Hurst shifter sticker from our early years. . Says: "Warning: Equipped with a Hurst shifter. Shift as hard as you please, but don't break your arm" The gizmo is a Mallory Rev-Pol control panel. It has a switch for race or street mode, with a blue light that comes on in the race mode.

Comment

Well, moving on. Finished most all the last primer coat. I was gonna post pictures, BUT, NEVER MIND,,pictures don't work as before. I'll have to learn AGAIN Why was this changed???

Comment

trying another picture ?? When I do the same as before,, it says image source url is missing. ??

Comment

Well, I'll try this again: Moving on. Finished most all the last primer coat, on nearly all the body and fenders. Now to assemble and align front sheet metal,,

Comment

Can't seem to edit post . Wanted to add pictures . Fenders and hood are ready now, and I will try and adjust myself to this new forum. Maybe other photos later this week. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1069.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	1802376

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	1803393 Got the hood hinges on, and got the hood painted underside and trimmed out. Hood is adjusted close and fenders bolted on loosely. Now for getting all the front sheet metal lined up. Then getting the lower air scoop primed and on. Starting to look like a car again.
                      Last edited by Flashback; 09-21-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Looks Great! Keep up the good work. Making progress always help add motivation.

Comment

Been working some , trying to get ready to paint. Got most of the front sheet metal lined up (what a job). Gonna paint the lower air scoop seperate. It's a lot better than what the factory did, but, its still not show quality. O well, I am past that anyway. Just gotta make it look like a early 60's Hot Rod, and enjoy if I can. The running gear is finished, with the exception of front end alinment. Hoping to get it ready to paint in about 2 or 3 weeks. Two of my grandchillun and me had to see about how it would hook up. Did good. It's ready to start earning it's name. "The Saturday Night Special" is out for a test

been trying to post a video for over half an hour. Now all I want is for someone to tell me how to delete this mess.
                          "Moderators please delete this post.
                          Last edited by Flashback; 10-03-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

One of my favorite things on the forum is seeing other folks projects. It boosts my enthusiasm for my own projects.
                            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Been trying to pull out some photos from video, as I gave up on the video, but only for the moment. I am unable to finish the hood and trunk nosing and decking. (getting over some health issues) Taking "The Saturday Night Special" down to a neighbor to finish the small amount of filler work. I am hoping my doctor will release me either the tenth or seventeenth, so when he finishes this maybe I can get it sanded and sprayed. Need to beat the weather this year. Here's a few shots.
                              Last edited by Flashback; 10-06-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Last post I was taking car to friend to help me a little. Well, after we spent about 8 more hours of seam adjusting , then he finished the hood and trunk. NOW, no more blocking. No more priming and reblocking. I am done with the body. Wet sand (maybe this week), and squirt in a week or two. It has been a long time getting to this point. But, Thank The Lord, it's turned out good. The next pictures yall see of the body, I plan for it to have paint !!!! Here' a couple of photos from today. (not good, inside and not good light)

Comment

Working...
                                X