Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose w/ZZ502

I had the car the 2019 Dallas AutoRama. Someone I don't know who or when they did this video and posted it on YouTube

Here's the link https://youtu.be/PMsNDAodvgc (copy the link and go to YouTube and enter it in the search line)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bullettnose; 05-17-2019, 12:09 PM.

nice car! what donated the headlight frames/glass? stout bbc should motivate this up the hills! cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I'm thinking '41 Willys headlight rings.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Bruce,
        Your build? Or as you bought it?
        Should be fun to drive.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Thanks for the commits. I purchased it mostly finished. Headlights are '39 Ford. I drive it all the time. It took me an hour and a half to get 5 items at Kroger's a few weeks ago, because of people coming up to ask about the car. I loved every minuet of it. As I am sure everybody that has a classic car we will stand and talk all day about the car.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous car! I am so jealous! Even with mine looking like a junker right now, sitting on the trailer with no wheels, I still get about four people a week ringing my doorbell to talk about it. Of course, my '51 Henry J sits right next to it, too. It's surprising how many people think they are both made by Studebaker since the henry has that semi-bullet nose feature.
            It sure is fun to show them off, isn't it?

Comment

It took me a while to realize why the front fenders look so long. We are so used to seeing the front fender vents that break up the space between the wheel opening and the rear of the fender. It looks good.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I can't think of anything I change on it. Beautiful 50, errrr 48!!

Well done, Bob
                , ,

Comment

Kurtruk, The fenders are 10" longer. A full 2"x4" tube frame was built with the front suspension extended 10" from the firewall foward, so the big block could be installed without cutting the firewall and effecting the interior space. A 10" patch was added between the door and fender well. So the wheelbase is 10" longer than what came out of the factory.

Comment

Sweetolbob, yes it's titled as a '48, but it has all 4 '50 fenders. I have that explained in the Show Board I use at shows. You're not the first that has questioned that.

Comment

I have had a few questions about the car. I should have pointed out a couple of changes that was made.

It is titled as a '48, but has '50 fenders (all 4). It is 10" longer because a 2"x4" tube frame was built and extended with the front suspension moved 10" forward and a 10" patch was added the fenders. By doing this the Big Block fit without cutting the firewall and this allowed to keep all the interior space.

Comment

Originally posted by bullettnose View Post
                        Kurtruk, The fenders are 10" longer. A full 2"x4" tube frame was built with the front suspension extended 10" from the firewall foward, so the big block could be installed without cutting the firewall and effecting the interior space. A 10" patch was added between the door and fender well. So the wheelbase is 10" longer than what came out of the factory.
                        Ahh, now I get it. I kept thinking the top was chopped and the leading edges of the fenders lengthened. Very cool indeed! cheers, junior
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by bullettnose View Post
                          I have had a few questions about the car. I should have pointed out a couple of changes that was made.

It is titled as a '48, but has '50 fenders (all 4). It is 10" longer because a 2"x4" tube frame was built and extended with the front suspension moved 10" forward and a 10" patch was added the fenders. By doing this the Big Block fit without cutting the firewall and this allowed to keep all the interior space.
                          Such great proportioning with that 10" addition to the fenders.

Comment

That would mean the hood is also 10" longer, too, right? That's a LOT of very complex sheet metal work! Tapers to manage, as well as curves. And then bracing under the hood. Whew! Tires me out just to think about it.
                            Is there a build video, or at least progress pics of the build for this car? Any pics of the chassis?

Comment

Hood is fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                              X