X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frankenworks
    replied
    Looks great, well done!
    nothing like visual progress to keep you going!

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Making some headway,
    Ordered some replacement panels for the trunk, all welded in.
    Another coat of epoxy, then panel fleck on the deck. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1498.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1812813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1812814

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Looks really nice. you are doing a great job on the whole thing. Detail!!! Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Starting to get some color on the '61, floor is 2-pack epoxy mastic, marine grade,

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Someone once said that the English and the Americans are two peoples separated by a common language. I have a 61 that I've owned since 1970. If you have any questions about if I could try to answer them.

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Yes, from all the photo's I've seen, can't see any transmission dipsticks on a '61 Hawk, only Larks,
    minor detail anyway, someone might have cut a hole to put an earlier transmission in , lots of things can happen over 58 years,
    my one looks all factory to me,

regards, Cus

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    I wondered about that. The 61 Lark that I have here for a project, has the dipstick in the engine bay.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Beautiful Engine. I am surprised that it has a '58 to '60 Flight-O-Matic with the under the floor Filler/Dipstick in a '61.
    The '61's have the floor fill/inspection port.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Beautiful Engine. I am surprised that it has a '58 to '60 Flight-O-Matic with the under the floor Filler/Dipstick in a '61.

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Picked up my reconditioned 289 on the weekend, '63 free flow motor, has been running on the bench,
    all standard specs,Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1340.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1803561

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Hello Wayne,
    It is pretty solid for the age, main rust area in the rear of the trunk, I'm waiting on the rear weather strip & trunk channel from Classic,
    the fenders were all really good, trunk lid had rust around bottom rim, I've replaced that with classics panel,

regards, Cus

Leave a comment:

• wdills
    replied
    Looks like a nice solid car, assuming you haven't been replacing sheet metal for the last 6 months and not telling us. My dream is to one day restore a car that is not eat up with rust.

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Starting to make headway on the Hawk,
    about half way working through the panels,
    had the body sandblasted last week , & sprayed a coat of 2K Epoxy on it
    on the weekend, plenty to do still, but all is coming along fine.
    Motor & trans have been re-built,

regards, cusClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1302.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1729490Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1305.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1729491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1306.jpg
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1729492

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    replied
    Hello Mark,
    Yes have the fins & correct tail lights, the P.O. had removed them & put '62 tail lights on, but I have now sourced all the correct parts to turn back into to a '61Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1725319

Leave a comment:

• S2Deluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
    Not sure why you think they are gt front guards, they have no holes for the top strip mouldings, & have holes for the side mouldings, I have spare 62 guards, which are basically the same with top holes.
    Ok, the guards term, that through me off a little too. I was thinking of pieces bolted on to the bumpers. I think, I've got it now? The only holes I'm able to make out in any of the pictures you posted are on the top, front of your guards, or fenders. About where the acrylic fins on a GT should be. Your bonnet, or hood, also appears to lack the holes for mounting the chrome, trim piece, used on all '56 - '61 Hawks. I'm sorry, if I got the wrong impression from, what I see in, the pictures you posted? I'm still wondering what you have, as far as fins, and tail lights? Please, tell us more about your Hawk?

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X