Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nels
    replied
    Wasn’t the snorkel on the 4 barrel air cleaner a larger diameter than the two barrel?

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Live and learn (about them foreign cars, that is)!

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by john Mitchell View Post
    So,while looking at non-stock things, I have a 63 Daytona convertible that has an all chrome gas cap instead of painted . Was that an option ? I got it from my father in law who bought it from the dealer.
    1966 Cruisers and (and I believe Daytonas) had an all-chrome cap as standard, and were optional on Commanders.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Those are often aftermarkets by Stant.

Leave a comment:

• john Mitchell
    replied
    So,while looking at non-stock things, I have a 63 Daytona convertible that has an all chrome gas cap instead of painted . Was that an option ? I got it from my father in law who bought it from the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    Lovely automobile. Is the air cleaner correct for a 4 barrel? I'm envious of such a great find. Drive it and enjoy trying to keep the grin off your face. Bill
    Very Nice looking '63 Daytona Bobby.

That does look like a correct USA version, Dry Type, United Specialties AFB 4 Brl. Air Cleaner, but the intake tube has been lengthened and should go straight to the Right, and then the Decal moved to the correct front and center.

If it IS a ONE Brl. one for a 6 Cyl. engine opened up to fit the 4 Brl. it will work as good as the Factory 4 Brl.

The '63-'64 4 Brl. Air Cleaner inlets were way undersized and the same size as the 2 Brl. ones, begging for more air like the R1 Type could give.

The Master Cylinders with the one piece Copper Cover and single, centered Screw, have been obsolete for a very long time, so not easy to find anymore and New AMC replacements like this are all that is available New.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-31-2018, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    It's a fantastic car, nit-pickers notwithstanding. They're jealous.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    1963 Lark wheelcovers were this pressing/shape, but a large portion of them was painted (unless perhaps this was not initially a USA car).

Leave a comment:

• Beachamp1
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I do not want to pick this nice car apart, so I will name a few items that come to mind; color, wheelcovers, body number plate, battery, master cylinder, "something" at the end of the heater hose, door and side panel "cards", exterior mirrors (placement), dual exhaust (?).
    " Thanks, See my post"

Leave a comment:

• Beachamp1
    replied
    Thanks for all the input, I enjoyed reading everyone of them. I have the original master cylinder and Alternator. The owner said the hub caps and air-cleaner are original and that the car did come with dual exhaust. I took the body number plate off and painted it. It is the original one that belongs on the car. The side exterior mirrors were an option that year but I do not believe they are located in the correct place and I believe there should be only one on the drivers' side. (I have the original hand book that came with the car that shows all the options that was available that year and it shows that exact side mirror as one of the options.)

Leave a comment:

• drew72mgb
    replied
    Very close to the car i grew up with - nice, I would have to say I am jealous.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Dual exhaust looks OK, Gary. Not only was it available separately, but the car appears to have a 4-bbl carburetor as well; all kosher. BP

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    I'm curious, even though it is not my car. What are the non-stock items?
    I do not want to pick this nice car apart, so I will name a few items that come to mind; color, wheelcovers, body number plate, battery, master cylinder, "something" at the end of the heater hose, door and side panel "cards", exterior mirrors (placement), dual exhaust (?).

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    I only spot wheel covers, and interior door and quarter panel upholstery.

Beautiful car.

The '64's get most of the love, but I think the '63 has its charms too. I've owned both.

Leave a comment:

• LarkingAround
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    I'm curious, even though it is not my car. What are the non-stock items?
    Compared to mine I would guess wheel trims???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X