Barn find, 63 Lark Dayton, 4-speed, 4bbl, bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find, 63 Lark Dayton, 4-speed, 4bbl, bucket seats

I bought this car, it was stored for 28 years, one family owned vehicle. 63 Lark, Daytona, 4 speed, 4bbl, bucket seats. I had to redo all the upholstery, I have done nothing to the exterior body. The engine was rebuilt and the car painted before it was stored. The owner only ran the engine about an hour after it was rebuilt. I have not even waxed this car, I only washed the out side. Yes I had to do a lot of little things to it, but other then the upholstery nothing major.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Beachamp1; 10-15-2018, 01:27 PM.

Congratulations, great find. Nice job on the interior.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Nice! Enjoy!
      Dean Seavers
      Sacramento, CA

Comment

I'm jealous, I love your car!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nice car; nice combination. Congratulations. Enjoy! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That is an excellent and desirable car with only a few non-stock items.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Lovely automobile. Is the air cleaner correct for a 4 barrel? I'm envious of such a great find. Drive it and enjoy trying to keep the grin off your face.
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                That is an excellent and desirable car with only a few non-stock items.
                I'm curious, even though it is not my car. What are the non-stock items?
                sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                  Compared to mine I would guess wheel trims???
                  The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

Comment

I only spot wheel covers, and interior door and quarter panel upholstery.

Beautiful car.

The '64's get most of the love, but I think the '63 has its charms too. I've owned both.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      I do not want to pick this nice car apart, so I will name a few items that come to mind; color, wheelcovers, body number plate, battery, master cylinder, "something" at the end of the heater hose, door and side panel "cards", exterior mirrors (placement), dual exhaust (?).
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Dual exhaust looks OK, Gary. Not only was it available separately, but the car appears to have a 4-bbl carburetor as well; all kosher. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very close to the car i grew up with - nice, I would have to say I am jealous.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, I enjoyed reading everyone of them. I have the original master cylinder and Alternator. The owner said the hub caps and air-cleaner are original and that the car did come with dual exhaust. I took the body number plate off and painted it. It is the original one that belongs on the car. The side exterior mirrors were an option that year but I do not believe they are located in the correct place and I believe there should be only one on the drivers' side. (I have the original hand book that came with the car that shows all the options that was available that year and it shows that exact side mirror as one of the options.)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              I do not want to pick this nice car apart, so I will name a few items that come to mind; color, wheelcovers, body number plate, battery, master cylinder, "something" at the end of the heater hose, door and side panel "cards", exterior mirrors (placement), dual exhaust (?).
                              " Thanks, See my post"

Comment

Working...
                              X