X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Henning
    replied
    Bob,

Thanks for doing a great job of promoting IDYSD!!

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    replied
    I drove my Sky Hawk to the Barcelona Neck State Park and preserve in Sag Harbor, LI. and took a two-hour hike in the woods. What a beautiful day to be cruisin' the back roads of the Hamptons!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I realized I should have put my post in its own thread. I think I'll redo it. Nice photo, Bob. I wish I could spend the day in Minnesota. I did see another Studebaker being driven today here, though. It was a 1950, but I'm not sure if it was a Commander or Champion. I was right in front him and could only the the front of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied
    I drove my '41 Champion to Vogel State Park, Georgia's most attended, where an arts and crafts festival was being held. Our band was one of the bands which played there. I announced from the stage that it was IDYSD and invited everyone to come see it. I had the sign in both back windows. There was a pretty good crowd of people looking at it and asking questions. It was a good day.

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Had fun at the little car show I attended. I had the only Studebaker there. Got lots of attention, Stude stories and questions. Nice sunny autumn day.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I went to several locations and took lots of pictures. Here's one:Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1692088

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Not a lot of time today but the 83 Avanti got 10 miles on it in prep for it's journey to the Pumpkin Farm car show tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• BStephens
    replied
    Out and about in my 63 Lark today! Daughter's 1st Soccer game of the season so we cruised there and then cruised some more! Got to the soccer fields and there was a space right up front that was too small for most cars I guess! The beauty of driving a compact Studebaker!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Sweet! Thanks, Bob!

Leave a comment:

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    Drove my Avanti up to Rockford Ill on Thursday after work. Will be heading to the picnic at Gordy Buetsch's house later today. Probably head back to Indianapolis tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Here are links to a couple more things to have on hand when talking with folks about Studebakers:

"Studebaker Firsts"
    http://www.northstarwheel.com/resour...akerfirsts.pdf

"Studebaker Myths & Misconceptions"
    http://www.northstarwheel.com/resour...bakermyths.pdf

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Heading out with the '63 Avanti to an auto show being held in Brockton, Massachusetts today. Forgot about IDYSD.....Just adds to the fun!

Leave a comment:

• studeski
    replied
    Bob,
    Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Happy IDYSD!!

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    started a topic "Today Is IDYSD" sign/card

"Today Is IDYSD" sign/card

Today's the day! Click the link below to download and print the "Today Is Drive Your Studebaker Day" sign to display in or on your Stude!

http://www.northstarwheel.com/Resour...ndowcard_1.pdf

Thanks to everyone who is participating, be it via a chapter cruise or out and about on your own. (Remember, if you're on your own you're not alone!)

For myself, I will be heading to Wyoming, Minnesota's annual "Stagecoach Days" celebration 20 miles south of me (with the Hawk and a handful of "The Studebaker Story" and SDC brochures).

Have a great day!
    Last edited by BShaw; 09-13-2014, 06:34 AM.
Working...
X