International Drive Your Studebaker Day Committee Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Drive Your Studebaker Day Committee Chair

Chris Dresbach has decided to step down as Chairman of the International Drive Your Studebaker Day (IDYSD) Committee. I want to thank him for his work as Chairman and wish him well in his future endeavors. I have appointed Bob Shaw as the new Chair.

Carl Thomason
    SDC President

An outstanding choice!
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Thanks to Chris for his great work, and thanks to Bob for taking the torch!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to developing some additional resources that will encourage more Chapters and individuals to participate in addition to garnering more local, national and international publicity promoting the Studebaker marque and the SDC. Stay tuned.
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Bob,
          Many of us are out and about on that day, as well as many others, but probably don't think to take the camera, let alone write up a short report to submit to TW. We can encourage all to take a photo or video, and not feel required to submit to Ann for publication. Just post it here on the forum in the IDYSD topics.

Here's one I took on IDYSD three years ago.

http://s57.photobucket.com/user/rock...ort=2&o=10
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Bob, if you need a chapter to be a test bed for anything, let me know and I'll talk to the powers that be in the Husker Chapter. I'm really hoping that we're going to start seeing more growth soon and every little bit helps
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Thanks to Chris. Good Roads to Bob!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

A very good choice Carl, I look forward to the newer direction that Bob will take us. Let's promote "WE INVENTED COOL!

Bob did a better than GREAT job on the Forum, this should be a "piece of cake"!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Golly, thanks for the vote of confidence. When this event launched back in 2009 I (as did many others) thought that it was such a neat and simple idea (studebaker owners around the world driving their cars and trucks all on the very same day) that it would take on a life of its own. And it has. Every year, participation grows...and rightly so.

IDYSD, by it's very nature, is a grass roots event. It's all about chapters gathering their members together for a cruise or public show. It's equally about SDC members Joe and Jane Schmo who live in the boondocks far away from any chapter whose only connection to other Studebaker owners is Turning Wheels and this forum. Through IDYSD they can get out for a drive knowing that thousands of fellow SDCers are doing the very same thing at the very same time.

Bottom line is, the IDYSD Chairman's job is pretty easy. You guys do all the work simply by participating in any and all the ways you do. Sharing your plans and your recaps in this forum and by submitting them to Turning Wheels does more to increase participation than anything I can do.

What I am doing is working on things that can foster participation from EVERY SDC Chapter and help Chapters get more publicity before, during and after their event. I have enjoyed reading about the neat things Chapters have done for their IDYSD event and will be working to pass those along to the other chapters.

if you have some specific thoughts on what we can possibly do on the SDC level to assist Chapters and promote IDYSD pass them along....I'm all ears!
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I am one of the few guys out there who is still driving a Studebaker 365 days a year, so ISYSD is everyday for me! But I want to complement the clever person who launched the idea and also those who have helped it grow in popularity the last few years. Its a great idea that can be enjoyed by anyone in the world who has a Stude on the road. Genius!

Chris.

Comment

Well...while reading the posts of this thread, it dawned on me that I didn't see the date for DRIVE YOUR STUDEBAKER DAY! I picked up my trusty April Turning Wheels and thumbed through the pages to the "What's Happening" section. There...on page 42, is a highlighted outlined square with the date. Let's all try to drive the date deep into our collective consciousness by repeating the date anytime we reference it. In this manner, by the time it arrives, hopefully, we will not have an excuse of "forgetting" the date.

So for my part...don't forget...***SEPTEMBER 13, 2014***
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

And I have just added it to the Forum's calendar!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X