L'shanah tovah (Happy New Year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'shanah tovah (Happy New Year)

I'd like to wish to all of our Jewish Forum members and everyone a happy 5774 L'Shanah Tovah (Happy New Year)
    May all of us enjoy a peaceful, healthy and Happy New Year.

Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

And to all, GREAT BLESSINGS UPON YOUR HOUSE!
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Wish there had been a Jew on the committee that selected this year's Drive Your Studebaker Day. They put it on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur.
      That's about as culturally insensitive as one can get.
      I don't participate in the religion, but I work at a Jewish house of worship as my day job. I can not attend my area's events because it is a rare Saturday work day.

Comment

I believe it was decided a couple of years ago to make it the second Saturday of September each year; providing the possibility of drivable weather throughout the world, while avoiding coincidence of national holidays. No insensitivity intended for this particular year.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by aenthal View Post
          I can not attend my area's events because it is a rare Saturday work day.
          Drive it to work and back... that counts!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
            Drive it to work and back... that counts!
            That's true! No rules about when, where, why or with whom. Take a picture of it in the employer's parking lot and send it to Ann Turner at TW. She gets lots of pics of group activities. I'm sure she would like to see some in the lot at Krogers.
            There are often no organized activities within a slight distance. To the grocery or hardware store counts; also, taking the kids to the Tastee Freeze!

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Moved here at Brad's helpful suggestion

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X