Idysd 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idysd 2013

It was brought to my attetion today that the date of IDYSD 2013 was not posted here, so here it is: it will be SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th 2013.
    I haven't posted much about this topic lately, but after the IM Carl Thomason appointed me as chairman of IDYSD and I appointed a committee of three people: Dylan Wills, Tim Janowiak, and Ed George. All of them are on this forum. We are working on ways to really promote this and make IDYSD and big promotion for the SDC. Until then, please plan on being part of IDYSD 2013.
    Chris Dresbach

I'm starting Jan 1st next year....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

For Jeff and some others, it's just another International Drive Your Studebaker Year!
      Still others enjoy only the dry, warm weather and occasional cruise. That doesn't make you bad people.
      But,...if you are one of those who always babies your Studebaker, on September 14, baby it to work, to the mall, the grocery store, to your sister-in-law's house. Give the local kids a ride to the Dari-Queen. Be creative. You've worked hard for what you have. Turn it in to fun every opportunity you can.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Congrats, Chris!!!!!
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Just this week, for the first time in a couple of months, I got the '55 truck out, dusted it off, and practiced for the IDYSD. Even Jock the poodle participated. We even took a "Studebaker Short-cut" to the post office that was 12 miles away (instead of the one that's 5).

The second trip was to the gun shop to buy my new Henry rifle. At one place I stopped, a man asked me what I'd sell the truck for. I told him that for over 37 years, people have tried to buy it. He then asked that if I would sell it...what price would I put on it? I replied that it would be like trying to put a price on a family member. I suppose it is kinda crazy when you keep a pile of nuts, bolts, and sheet metal around long enough for it to acquire "family member" status.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I suppose it is kinda crazy when you keep a pile of nuts, bolts, and sheet metal around long enough for it to acquire "family member" status.
            Na, sometimes you get so attached to them that they get names. The '40 in my signature is "Ely".
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              I'm starting Jan 1st next year....
              LOL I'm planning on the 2nd of Jan as I'll be a bumm in the house all day on the 1st, but the 2nd is the day back to work so firing up the colored 66 as just another day in the Stude.
              Tom
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X