Ozark Trails IDYSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Trails IDYSD

The members of the Ozark Trails Chapter want to thank everyone that took part in our Orphan Car Show.
    THANK YOU

The Ozark Trails Chapter has concluded one of the best Orphan Car Shows ever.
    As part of IDYSD we had THOUSANDS of people view our Studebakers and orphan cars at The Landing in Branson, MO.
    The Landing is an upscale out door shopping mall.
    This was the first year at this location and everyone had a good time.
    I believe our Studebakers may have been seen by more people yesterday than maybe any other IDYSD event. Crowds were huge.
    Pictures are on the following link:

http://studebu.tripod.com/id185.html

Thank you again everyone and see you next year.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

A great time was had by all. I invited my family from out of town (non-car people) and they had a great time looking at the cars. I really appreciated the 1912 Reo, the Tucker and the 7 Muntz Jets. I had never seen any of those cars and got to see them all at one great show.

Comment

We had a great time at the Orphan Car Show in Branson. There were lots of people to see the cars, most had probably never seen Cars like this. The Tucker was amazing. We were lucky that they included The Orphan Car Show in their activities this year. The REO was amazing also. We met lots of new people, and enjoyed time with friends that we don't get to see very often.
      Friday evening we ate dinner with Elizabeth and Frank Van Dorn, Donna and Gary Sanders, Wilber Kaylor and his daughter Karen, Jim Caldwell, Allen Meeker. I believe everyone enjoyed Texas Land and Cattle. It was fun. Great food, and great service.
      Before we went to dinner, as it was beginning to storm, we put our cars/trucks in the covered parking garage. What a great idea! As we were going back to the parking garage after eating, we got soaked, but I don't believe any of us melted. We took Frank and Elizabeth to their motel and went on to ours.
      On Saturday our son Brian, his wife Nicki and our grand daughter Madison came to the show. We had a great time with them.
      On Saturday evening we went to dinner at the Mexican restaurant on the Landing, can't remember the name, but it was excellent also. There were Elizabeth and Frank, Jim and Janet Dellinger, and Rick, sorry but I don't know his last name. Gary and Donna chose to have bar-b-que, guess Gary didn't want to eat with us. Just kidding Gary, but we did miss them.
      Ozark Trails did a terrific job this year on the Orphan Car Show, maybe it is the best ever!!!
      Here's a link for pictures for the Orphan Car Show in Branson 2012 Wanda & Dusty
      http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...20show%202012/

Here is a link for pictures from the Orphan Car Show in Branson 2012.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Joe and I really enjoyed ourselves this year. The walk from one end of the mall was a bit long to see all of the cars, but a shuttle was available. We just never used it.
        I would post pictures, but I spent my time visiting and never got around to snapping pictures. Good job Ozark Trails!
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'll take this opportunity to thank the Ozark Trails Chapter for putting on an excellent show again this year. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, as we do each time we come to Branson, this was our third Orphan car show there. Our '63 Daytona convertible was requested to park in front of the dancing fountains just a few feet from the 3 million dollar Tucker #17 centerpiece, by Mall management,quite an honor I must say! Thanks to Gary Sanders, Wilbur Kaylor and all the others for all your hard work. Although the weather did not always cooperate during our stay, all turned out well and no damage was done to any vehicles. Also enjoyed visiting with our Forum Studebaker friends Dusty and Wanda Taylor, the Davis brothers,Howard and Joe, Allen Olas, Gary Sanders, The Purdys, Betty and Carl, and others. All you all's ( as you say <G>) hospitality is unequalled.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank,

I heard that getting those two cars parked just right was quite a chore <G>
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Yes, that is true Jim. Mall management moved us three times and Dusty twice before they were happy with the arrangements. But it was to our advantage however. They also had a section of the north parking lot roped off for those participants that did not want to stay from 10am until 10pm. There is no auto traffic allowed anytime as it is strictly a walkway. So because of liability concerns noone could leave until they led us out. If you walk the whole thing,both sides it is about a mile long.
              Originally posted by JimC View Post
              Frank,

I heard that getting those two cars parked just right was quite a chore <G>
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
              X