Northern California Audible Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern California Audible Call

Because of a wild fire closing roads the Karel Staple chapter had to call an audible and instead of travelling to Studebakers Cafe and Deli in Kelseyville, CA, we returned to Studebaker Cheesecake coffee house in Sonoma, CA. A steady stream of local folks stopped by to see our cars and talk "Studebaker", so it was great exposure for the marque. We had a fun gathering and just as many of us were getting ready to leave, folks from the Sequioa chapter showed up so we had a shift change. Here are some pictures I took on location and out my back window on the road home.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 09-09-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Pat,

Just finished my last piece of Studebaker Cheese Cake (I left one for Trudenka). We found a parking spot just as your club was leaving..... didn't get to say hi but loved seeing so many Studebakers on the streets of Sonoma at the same time. Kevin Fay, owner of the Studebaker Cheesecake Factory, said "next year he'll be much more organized". This year's event went well and I'm already looking forward to 2013!

Regards,
    John Brayton

Comment

Yes John, it was great to see so many Studebakers in Sonoma, and so many folks interested in them. I think that area is an excellent location for a Studebaker gathering. I think I heard someone say you guys went to the Veterans home, what a great idea! Hope we can incorporate that some time in the future.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
      X