Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Drive Your Studebaker Day in Switzerland

Hello together,

As there were no car shows in the area today, I took the 1957 GH out for a cruise in town. It was nice weather in Switzerland today. Tomorrow is a vintage car show which I am going to participate in with the Golden Hawk. Noticed that cooling fluid is dropping to the floor, will have to order a water pump repair kit soon.

Hope you had a great day too.

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/stude...ebaker_day.wmv

Attached Files
    sigpic

To: Swiss-Goldenhawk,------Those are really nice photos of Your 1958 studebaker Golden Hawk...Enjoy the day!!

Comment

One of my life goals is to visit Switzerland. I hope that if and when that day comes, I'll be able to see your amazing car in person!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
        Hello together, As there were no car shows in the area today, I took the 1957 GH out for a cruise in town. It was nice weather in Switzerland today. Tomorrow is a vintage car show which I am going to participate in with the Golden Hawk. Noticed that cooling fluid is dropping to the floor, will have to order a water pump repair kit soon.
        Hope you had a great day too.

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/stude...ebaker_day.wmv
        Thanks for sharing your "driving video" ...it brings back many great memories of driving around Switzerland. Appears you were driving the Hawk in the northwestern part of Switzerland, but could have been a lot of other places as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
          Thanks for sharing your "driving video" ...it brings back many great memories of driving around Switzerland. Appears you were driving the Hawk in the northwestern part of Switzerland, but could have been a lot of other places as well.
          Yes, I was driving in the north west of Switzerland. It is not far away from Germany. We speak Swiss-German here in the North, in Western Switzerland they speak French and in South Switzerland Italian. I also like to cruise around lakes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
            Yes, I was driving in the north west of Switzerland. It is not far away from Germany. We speak Swiss-German here in the North, in Western Switzerland they speak French and in South Switzerland Italian. I also like to cruise around lakes.
            Do you travel Route 13 between Kreuzlingen and Romanshorn??? Reason for asking; we spotted the back of a Sunglow Gold (yellow) and Snowcap White 1956 Golden Hawk in an opened garage along the south side of the road. We did not have time to go back as we were trying to catch the Ferry at Romanshorn. There is no listing in the SDC Roster nor in the 1956 Golden Hawk Owners Register for such a Hawk in that area. Do you know of this Hawk or the owner???

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Do you travel Route 13 between Kreuzlingen and Romanshorn??? Reason for asking; we spotted the back of a Sunglow Gold (yellow) and Snowcap White 1956 Golden Hawk in an opened garage along the south side of the road. We did not have time to go back as we were trying to catch the Ferry at Romanshorn. There is no listing in the SDC Roster nor in the 1956 Golden Hawk Owners Register for such a Hawk in that area. Do you know of this Hawk or the owner???
              No, I did not drive that far on that day. But I know the road. Actually I cannot remember having ever seen a 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk here in Switzerland. I do not know of this yellow / white Golden Hawk. But if I ever see it, I will sure stop by. Would be nice.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X