Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonderful Time in Brea CA (Joint Los Angeles/Orange County IDYSD meet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Time in Brea CA (Joint Los Angeles/Orange County IDYSD meet)

The Beach Cities Inland Empire chapter of Orange County (and southern Los Angeles County) invited their more northerly cousins from the Los Angeles chapter to dinner for Drive Day.
    And like the wonderful hosts they are, they didn't mean "come buy dinner with us." They paid for each Los Angeles guest's meal!
    A splendid time was had by all.
    Even my Studebaker made it there and back (though not without being jump started three times).
    Special thanks to Don Cox and all the friendly chapter members.
    Over two dozen Studebakers came with about 50 people.
    The restaurant staff never had such a frantic time.
    Drive Day apparently landed on the Studebaker club's regular monthly meeting night. But 50 people don't usually come to that meeting.
    The side parking lot was filled with every post war year and model imaginable from bullet noses of both years, three 1952's, numerous original and contemporary Avantis, Larks, and 50's models between those. Of course there were pick up trucks too.
    Later I may be able to figure out how to post some photos. Or maybe my fellow chapter members will get some up first.
    But this was a great mini car show. My car did 130 miles to get there and back. I definitely drove MY Studebaker today.
    Monday I get to drive my Studebaker again. This time about 4 miles, to my mechanic, to find out why after 40 mile stretches, moving 65 mph, the battery never got charged up.

An additional response to the GREAT event staged by Beach Cities/Inland Empire. A fantastic day, from the car show to the camaradarie to the dinner! Great bunch of people, a really nice collection of vehicles and just a great time altogether. THANK YOU Beach Cities/Inland Empire!!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
    X