Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'bout a non-holiday weekend next time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF ...I heard correctly;

The 2012 event is expected to eclipse the total number of Studebakers driven in all previous IDYSD!!! It will be on a day when the most Studebakers typically are driven ...August 2, 2012!!!

Now if that date doesn't ring a bell with you immediately, here are a few hints:
    • 50th Anniversary of the Studebaker Drivers Club
    • SDC South Bend International Meet
    • The "Grande Parade of Studebakers" from the Fair Grounds to downtown South Bend

The New Zealanders will kick-off "IDYSD 2012" as the day of August 2, 2012 will begin there first, followed by the Aussies, followed through Asia, Africa, Europe, N & S Americas with our Stude friends in Hawaii having the honor of wrapping up "IDYSD 2012."

But, then again maybe I didn't hear correctly. Oh well, we’ll just have to wait for the official announcement.

Comment

I hope it does NOT occur during the International Meet! That would really put a crimp in plans individual chapters could make if members couldn't go to South Bend. Personally, I'd like to go to South Bend AND have a local Drive Your Studebaker Day. I'm just sayin'...............
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

If we keep changing the date every year, it will soon mean nothing at all.

Comment

I think Sept. is the best time, as most Studes are not air conditioned, and to have it in June, July Aug, is just trying to cook the passengers comfort level, and some spouses, girl friends or what ever want to be comfortable, not to mention the drivers.The idea of not on a holiday weekend makes sense, so the second weekend in Sept would be fine with me and our area, as if you get later it just might rain, snow or ? We enjoyed a great day going to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, we held our meeting that day and had seven Studebaker at the event , more would have been better but we have to start someware. Our furthest traveled was Edson Shaver a mere 92 years young with his 1924? see attached, also the engine needed a little tune work so he got right to it and got the job done, I was handy with the camera before he noticed me taking his picture, being 92 just does not stop somebody that is enthused.
          Attached Files
          Evan Severson

Comment

I agree with the last 3 or 4 posts.
            September is Great!
            Non Holiday weekend is also Good.
            Prefer Sunday to Saturday.
            And for 2012......People who are at the International will be there regardless of IDYSD!
            it would be wasted on that day! Aug. 2 could be "International Support Drive" for those who can not be with us in South Bend.
            IDYSD should be its own separate entity.
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
            X