I'll get it started..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get it started..............

This year the Indy Chapter (southern 2/3 of Indiana) is having its regular monthly meeting on September 4th. we are meeting at a Hot Rod shop and cafe, followed by a tour of a private collection of cars and memorabillia. Then it is off to a car show/cruise in that will have several hundered cars in attendance of all makes. From 12 noon to 6pm the Studebakers in Indy will be out in force!
    It is an addiction!

Even if it rains???

Comment

Roger Miller's song, "Little Green Apples" had a line saying, "It don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime." Maybe it is no longer summer by September 4th! Several artists recorded Roger's song, but I liked Roger singing it best.
      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

The Big 6 River Bend Chapter (www.big6sdc.com) is touring from the Quad Cities to have a Noon lunch in Burlington, IA. On the way home we will tour a member's car collection south of Muscatine, IA. That will give us about a 160 mile trip... enough to let a few folks view Studebakers on the move.

Comment

I'll be one of many that will have a Studebaker on display at the Branson, Missouri Orphan Car Show/ All Missouri Studebaker Meet.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Will you drive your Stude if rains?

Comment

Will you drive your Stude if rains?
              Well.....yeah. Of course since the Lark is usually my main mode of transportation, it pretty much goes through anything. That also means that everyday is a holiday with this vehicle, lol.

Speaking of rain, these pictures are from last year's official day.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

The Potomac Chapter is meeting at Frederick, Maryland to caravan to the AACA Museum at Hershey, Pennsylvania. We will tour the museum at a group rate of $7.50 rather than the regular $10 and we will have a box lunch in the Rotunda (also $7.50). If anyone wants to join us there, please let me know. We should arrive at the Museum at about 11am. This is a reservation deal so I will need to collect $15 per adult payable to the Potomac Chapter SDC as soon as possible. Contact me by Forum message for my mailing address. The url is for our Chapter flyer-
                http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohns...aker%20Day.doc
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

We had 19 Studes at our lunch time meet, we then traveled to the open car show and had 13 Studebakers at the show. A 1927 Dictator was second place peoples choice. A great day for Studebakers in Indianapolis! Pictures to folow in the next couple of days.......
                  It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                  X