Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

56 golden hawk on ebay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well,

    The auction just ended and it went for $6,100. Any of the brethren here buy it?
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

    '58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by hausdok View Post
      Well,

      The auction just ended and it went for $6,100. Any of the brethren here buy it?
      Hopefully someone bought it so they can flip it, and make lots of money.
      Last edited by JoeHall; 10-23-2016, 06:30 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Lynn View Post
        No OD auto trans in 56, correct?
        Yes, there were overdrive transmission Golden Hawks in 1956. Post #11 shows a reproduction of the production order for this car, note the 'OD Transmission' listed.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

        Comment


        • #19
          There was quite a bit of rot underneath, that's why gas tank was hanging.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            Yes, there were overdrive transmission Golden Hawks in 1956. Post #11 shows a reproduction of the production order for this car, note the 'OD Transmission' listed.
            Lynn was asking if there were o/d AUTOMATIC transmissions offered in 56J's.....No.

            Comment


            • #21
              This car has been off and on Craigslist for about 5 years. It was a former complete restoration that was later stored under a tarp outside. It completely rotted underneath.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com


              "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

              Comment


              • #22
                I would think that the stick o/d setup alone would be worth at least half the selling price to someone singing the 'Packard Twin-Ultramatic Blues'!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                  This car has been off and on Craigslist for about 5 years. It was a former complete restoration that was later stored under a tarp outside. It completely rotted underneath.
                  Don't know how I missed it, but just looked closely at that rear underside shot. Ouch.

                  Way too much work to buy as a flip car. Still, would be a nice one to bring back if you were planning a complete resto anyway.
                  Best of luck to the new owner.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X