1963 Hawk Deal Using Buy It Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8
    Couldn't find it back on eBay today. Number/link?
    Jack,

My reference was to Bob Palma's reference that the rotten hog troughs on a '55 hardtop were described by the seller as not being structural. Different car, different thread, but use this link for insight. I should have used Bob's quote in my response, sorry for the confusion.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...TOPIC_ID=15017

Gary

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

What frustrates me about this type of thing is, suppose someone new to the hobby buys it; they're excited until they find out the reality of the situation, and what it will take to fix it. So they pass it off on someone else, probably at a loss; then are forever turned off on a great hobby thinking all old cars must be like this, and/or all old car sellers are like this.

And one less person means one more old car left to rot or heading to the crusher that didn't have to be- and maybe one more disgruntled person on the "destroy all the old cars" bandwagon....

Thanks, seller of this car[}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Well stated, Bob; good points all around. [8D] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

What frustrates me about this type of thing is, suppose someone new to the hobby buys it; they're excited until they find out the reality of the situation, and what it will take to fix it. So they pass it off on someone else, probably at a loss; then are forever turned off on a great hobby thinking all old cars must be like this, and/or all old car sellers are like this.

And one less person means one more old car left to rot or heading to the crusher that didn't have to be- and maybe one more disgruntled person on the "destroy all the old cars" bandwagon....

Thanks, seller of this car[}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Well stated, Bob; good points all around. [8D] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X