Few spots left to drive on Studebaker Test Track October 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few spots left to drive on Studebaker Test Track October 8th

The SDC has been invited to drive on the test track by Historic Preservation and Navistar to recognize Studebaker and their contributions to the area as part of the Indiana Bicentennial celebration at Bendix Woods County Park on October 8th at 11:00. There will also be a Studebaker car show afterwards along with music, food and entertainment. They have asked for a $5 donation which can be paid at the gate which will include a private tour of the Navistar complex. There are about 15 openings left and will be first come first serve. To make a reservation or for more info contact tim.janowiak@gmail.com. Thanks and hope to see you on the track. Tim

Any chance that you can get them to postpone it until May 2017?
    Now that Volkswagen owns 16% of Navistar, they are co-owners of the facilities. Their reason for buying into Navistar is so that they can get into the Studebaker graveyard and copy Studebaker's advanced design concepts....
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Sorry, I don't think we can get the state to change the year they were founded.

Comment

You won't know for sure until you try!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I thought I read that there would also be a chance to drive the track during the IM next May. Is that off the books now?
          Mike Davis
          Regional Manager, North Carolina
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Still have some spots open. Getting close to fifty.

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
              Still have some spots open. Getting close to fifty.
              Hey Tim, any possibility of catching a ride with someone for this Saturday's Test Track tour. I have just temporally 'relocated' back to South Bend (re: Hurricane MATTHEW)

Comment

I too thought this was taking place during the International Meet in May. Am I wrong?
                Last edited by JRoberts; 10-06-2016, 10:06 PM.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Hey Jim, I would think you wouldn't have a problem getting a ride and if you can't you can ride back seat with me as I've got an ex Studebaker employee I'm going to let drive my car. I've got the white "58" Golden Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                    Hey Tim, any possibility of catching a ride with someone for this Saturday's Test Track tour. I have just temporally 'relocated' back to South Bend (re: Hurricane MATTHEW)
                    Tim. Jim is going to drive our 59 Lark. Save him a place.

Comment

Got him and your car pencilled in Jim. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                        Got him and your car pencilled in Jim. Thanks
                        THANK YOU TIM & JIM!!!

Very much looking forward to tomorrow at the proving grounds.

Comment

Working...
                        X