Dunkirk Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkirk Swap Meet

Just got back from the first annual Studebaker Fall Swap Meet held in Dunkirk, NY. Plenty of vendors, plenty of parking, food, indoor and outdoor vending and a car corral. The Kinzua Chapter did a tremendous job putting this event together. With the York Swap Meet coming to a close in 2017, Dunkirk will be the place to go.

Peter Bishop
    Director,
    Northeast Zone

Great to hear that! Hopefully someone will share some photos.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Good turnout for 1st. Year,saw a lot of Hamilton chapt. & Ontario chapt. Members.purchsaed a metal chrome hinge cover
      NOS for $20..
      we all hope this is go because of lnconvience of going to York & Reedsville,there was a swap in Wisconsin at the same time
      & next year they will reschedule to accomadate per host chapt. member

Comment

They're off to a good start, as noted, plenty of vendors in a nice spacious venue, easy travel access and free parking. I didn't need to buy anything but attended to meet up with Studebaker friends from Canada and support the Kinzua Chapter region's good effort. As it turned out, purchased a couple of wanted items in spite of self control which is usually high. Also was badly tantalized by an extremely nice original '57 President Classic offered at a very reasonable price......one I know I'll kick myself later for passing over.

Steve

Comment

Sent you a PM 56h

Comment

Went Saturday morning easy to find good location plenty of space inside and out excellent time of year, 2017 will be a huge success
            Joseph Kastellec

Comment

The swap meet was a success! Over 20 vendors carrying a wide variety of parts. There was a car corral and I know a couple of Studebakers found new homes over the weekend. The location was perfect and the weather was great Thursday for set up day and for Friday. Saturday offered some spotty rain but it wouldn't be a Studebaker event without Mother Nature attending...
              There are some photos on our chapters facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8575986&type=3
              Steve Grant
              a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
              www.madddoodler.com
              Kinzua Region Chapter
              1881 Grain Wagon
              1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1:1 scale model kit
              1951 Champion business coupe Pro Street (project)
              1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
              1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
              1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

Working...
              X