Side benefit of being in the SDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side benefit of being in the SDC

When questions come up on Facebook about Studebakers I try to steer the person to our club. Most of these folks just want an answer to a question, but as I tried to briefly explain to someone today there are other benefits. Any of us that have been in for long have met people who are now life long friends. Also the club is a source of experienced help for various Studebaker related problems. Often, when we are looking for a part, a member will have what we need or know who does. The lone wolf is without these contacts and bemoans the lack of parts or information.
    Sometimes we get a pleasant surprise. Many of you know that 41Frank has a 52 Starliner as well as his 41 Champion and 62 GT. When he got some upholstery for his 52 Renee sent him a new piece for behind the back seat. The Starliner does not use this piece so Frank gave it to me at Branson last weekend. The piece is something I needed and will look nice in my car. This is actually the second time Frank has given me something for my car. If I wasn't in the SDC and on this forum we would probably have never met.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Frank is one the best.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I usually try to sell the SDC as a resource and support group for those who love Studebakers.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

So the "Piece" is a rear Package Tray Cover then, for a Sedan?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          So the "Piece" is a rear Package Tray Cover then, for a Sedan?
          Yes it is Rich. The hardtops do not use this piece as they are body color metal. This piece I gave Howard is smaller then my package tray and is only used on sedans.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

What our modest friend Howard failed to mention is that he also gave me a piece for my GT Hawk that I had asked him about.

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            When questions come up on Facebook about Studebakers I try to steer the person to our club. Most of these folks just want an answer to a question, but as I tried to briefly explain to someone today there are other benefits. Any of us that have been in for long have met people who are now life long friends. Also the club is a source of experienced help for various Studebaker related problems. Often, when we are looking for a part, a member will have what we need or know who does. The lone wolf is without these contacts and bemoans the lack of parts or information.
            Sometimes we get a pleasant surprise. Many of you know that 41Frank has a 52 Starliner as well as his 41 Champion and 62 GT. When he got some upholstery for his 52 Renee sent him a new piece for behind the back seat. The Starliner does not use this piece so Frank gave it to me at Branson last weekend. The piece is something I needed and will look nice in my car. This is actually the second time Frank has given me something for my car. If I wasn't in the SDC and on this forum we would probably have never met.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

My car wouldn't be together and on the road if not for the SDC and ALL members who support it. Thank you all, see you at the Pure Stocks, and keep driving those rolling sculptures.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by dusty taylor View Post
                Frank is one the best.
                That is enough of that ! Now get back out in the garage and get some work done on that '42! LOL
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Ok I will get back to the car

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Frank hangs out in Arizona in the winters and brought me a 66 Owners manual he had no use for. I was hoping for a complete R2 engine, but was happy with the manual.
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

My butt has been saved many times by advice given me on the forum...thanks again everyone!
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

We can never with all the money in the world achieve the benefits that we get for our annual dues payment. I have many friends all over the world, thanks to the SDC. I have gained priceless amounts of knowledge from my SDC membership as well. Of course here are a few that we would just as soon not know, but that is the case in all organizations.
                        THANK YOU SDC!

Comment

I am sorry but that R-2 is permanently anchored in my '41 Champion. lol

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                          Frank hangs out in Arizona in the winters and brought me a 66 Owners manual he had no use for. I was hoping for a complete R2 engine, but was happy with the manual.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I'm waiting for a PM from a member who is looking for an OEM throttle pump for me. If he has one or not I'm sure he'll let me know. This type of member effort speaks for itself!

Comment

Working...
                            X