X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark wagon/Spokane CL

An interesting looking Lark:
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5769304110.html
    Looks to have rare head rests, too bad interior pix aren't included...

Are the wings/spoilers at the back of the rear windows stock items? I've never seen those on a Lark before.
    Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
      Are the wings/spoilers at the back of the rear windows stock items? I've never seen those on a Lark before.
      I think they are aftermarket. I don't remember ever seeing them in Studebaker accessory packaging. I put a pair of them on my '64 Wagonaire back when it was new. I believe I got them at Sears. They didn't help keep the rear glass clear and they were very apt to cut you if you weren't careful working around them so I took them off.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I don't remember any manufacturer offering them from the factory. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=deflectors

I do remember when full size Mercury wagons had built-in deflectors on the sides in 1966.

Craig

Comment

Pretty sure that they weren't a factory item. I have always wanted to snag a pair for my wagon though!
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I bought a set from Studebaker Surplus about 40 years ago that came in a Studebaker container. They had them on sale and had stacks of them.

Comment

I do remember seeing them on a few cars back then. I always thought they were a dealer item.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nice car . I like it but the funny thing is when I was looking at the pics the first thing I thought I would do with it is take the stupid looking deflectors off .. lol ..
                Its a fair asking price if the interior is decent and the rust isn't to bad .
                Love my Lark

Comment

I wonder what he means by " rumble seat"?

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                    I wonder what he means by " rumble seat"?
                    3rd row seat?

Comment

I believe these came with a 3rd row rear facing back seat as an option.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

They did! But, alas, at the cost of a spare tire.

Comment

Circa 1972, I bought a '63 Wagonaire from a friend and it had the wind wings. I always thought they were stock and original. I saw my very car in a friend's bone yard the other day and the wings are still there!
                          Amazing, 44 years later.
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                            They did! But, alas, at the cost of a spare tire.
                            That was handled easily by including a Set of Goodyear "Captive Air" Tires with inner spares!
                            There was a basketball needle hole in the sidewall to fill the inner spares.

I am pretty sure "SOME" other makes' 3rd. seat Option had the same issue.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                            X