X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1953 goes 181 MPH!

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2336190.html

Robert Kapteyn

Very cool, I love grass roots stories like this. Bonneville racing is so pure.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Glad to see they are back racing at Bonneville again. Thanks for posting. Bob

Comment

What an excellent story ..... Incidentally, it's hard to believe how much these Bonneville cars need to weigh to stay 'planted' at high speeds!....In the case of this '53 Stude....2 1/2 TONS

Comment

Just in case any one out there is thinking of building a salt race I have a good body wise rust free 54 coupe for sale only rust out is in the nose of the hood and the lip of the trunk lid and the pass door has a large dent in the pass door but a better door goes with the car, small amount of rust starting in both front fender down low at the rear. car is a commander with a 3 speed on the floor and a 4 bld carb but engine is locked up....$2000.00 if interested send me your e-mail address and I can send pictures.....Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

A great story and well-written to boot. Congrats to Don and his team for a job well done!
            Mike Davis
            Regional Manager, North Carolina
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Thanks for the post, Bob. It's always great to see Studebaker success in print. Does anyone know what he used for power?
              Bill

Comment

SB2.2 Nascar based Chevy V8 engine.

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                Thanks for the post, Bob. It's always great to see Studebaker success in print. Does anyone know what he used for power?
                Bill
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Carrying on the tradition of speedy Studebakers!
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                  X