Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would like their own Studebaker car hauler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would like their own Studebaker car hauler?

Some of you may be aware that our long time friend and Studebaker restorer has been in ill health for the better part of the year with major heart problems. Ray Martin, a Past President of the SDC Ontario Chapter, simply has to slow down considerably. This unwelcome change of life for Ray means some of his Studebaker stuff has to go.

Many members have seen Ray's beautiful Studebaker enclosed trailer at International Meets. It's a 23' unit with tandem axle. It is impressively adorned with Studebaker logos and is in excellent condition and ready for the road.

The asking price is $6,500 and that's in Canadian dollars. Given today's current exchange rate, that equates to about $5,000 in U.S. dollars. I have agreed to assist Ray in this selling project so if any member out there is interested, please contact me via PM.

We just moved to our new residence a few days ago so we do have a new telephone number, but our email address remains the same. Send me a PM if you wish to have this information. I will have access to pictures of Ray's trailer very soon so will be able to email them to serious buyers.

Stu Chapman

Would love to see the pictures. Not something that I can afford, or even use presently, but sounds rad.

Fingers crossed that Ray starts feeling better.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Does Ray still have a white/black 65 Daytona coupe that came from Saskatchewan?
      Evan Davis
      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
        Does Ray still have a white/black 65 Daytona coupe that came from Saskatchewan?
        Don't believe so. A few years ago he acquired a light green Daytona Sports Sedan from Saskatchewan. Is this the car you're thinking of?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Bumping this to the top again. Ray's trailer is still available. Any interest out there?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Would you consider posting some pictures, please?
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              Would you consider posting some pictures, please?
              I know this trailer well and it's in very good condition . I was there last week and I thought I should of brought my camera to take a couple of pics
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Heres the trailer

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rays trailer 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1709523

Name:	Rays trailer 3.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1709524

Name:	Rays trailer 1.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1709525
                sigpic

Comment

Basic question. How big of a truck would you need to pull a trailer that size with a car in it? 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton?
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
                    Basic question. How big of a truck would you need to pull a trailer that size with a car in it? 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton?
                    I think Ray uses a 1/2 ton Ram. Perhaps Bob B. can answer for certain.

Stu Chapman

Comment

That is going to weigh between 6 and 7000 Lbs. loaded with a 32-3600 Lb. Stude. so I would not even think about anything less than a 1 Ton Dually Pickup.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        That is going to weigh between 6 and 7000 Lbs. loaded with a 32-3600 Lb. Stude. so I would not even think about anything less than a 1 Ton Dually Pickup.
                        My 1/2 ton Silverado has that much rating with the trailer package. I have handled 6,000 pounds very easily.
                        Mike
                        Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

nother question. What do you do with a trailer?

Comment

Rays truck is a 1/2 ton dodge , herr in Ontario your truck has to be lic for the weigh your using it for and also with a trailer like that both truck and trailer have to be safetied yearly so at least the new buyer would know that the trailer will pass a safety check . Safety's are tough here in Ontario
                            by the way Ray came and rescued me and my Champ with this rig and he let me take his truck and trailer home ( about 90 miles) That trailer pulled nice behind his truck .
                            sigpic

Comment

Having had a box trailer somewhat smaller than the one in this thread, I would agree a 3/4 ton truck at least or better a one ton. Nice trailer. What year is it?

As to what to do with a trailer like this; they make wonderful storage sheds. Cheaper (when used) than buying a shed that size, no permits required, and they don't run up your property taxes either.
                              They're wonderful for hauling cars too!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X