No announcement yet.

lack of studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantic Canada Chapter is not large enough to host our own shows. Each year, as one of our Chapter activities, we attend another club's show as a group, rotating between several of the all-make antique clubs in our region. We always have been made to feel very welcome by the host clubs. Seeing about 10 diverse Studebakers parked together always gets a good response from the public.
    Bill Jarvis

Comment

Our local chapter tries to get together at a show or cruise in twice a month or so. We're going to a nice show put on by the Rotary tomorrow, should have 5 or 6 Studebakers in a field of 100 or so cars.
      Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Our Eastern NC Chapter is going one better this November. We have invited the local Mercedes and Packard clubs to a "family reunion" meet in Raleigh. I think we'll draw quite a crowd. I'll post an announcement in its own thread soon.
        Mike Davis
        Regional Manager, North Carolina
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Dad and I went to a local multi make show today. (The weather cleared just enough for the show to happen). Dad's 50 Champion and my Hawk drew more attention than anything else at the show. There were some awesome cars there but people seemed to be fascinated by having 2 Studebakers sitting side by side. This show normally doesn't have any Studebaker's. We had a constant crowd around the cars. It seems that everyone owned 1 or 2 back in the day. Since everyone used to own them, why did our favorite brand stop making cars?

Mike, this "family reunion" show sounds great. I look forward to hearing details of when and where.
          Wayne
          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe Express View Post
            Do you have any photos of that 1928 Fire Truck that you could post -- love to see that one.
            I just went through my pics on my phone and the only pic I have of the Fernie Fire Dept. 1928 Studebaker truck is this one .. Its on main street in Fernie and the cars were all clearing the main street after the car show this year . The city bought the truck new in 1928 .. It was fully restored a few years back . Lots of help from some SDC people in the Calgary chapter . The truck is used lots in local events and is trailered for longer distance outings ..
            Attached Files
            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
              Mike, this "family reunion" show sounds great. I look forward to hearing details of when and where.
              Thanks, Wayne. The thing has taken on a life of its own. It will be Saturday, November 5 at Oak View County Park in Raleigh, official start time 1pm. I hope you and your dad can bring the newly-revived Henry and the Champion!
              Last edited by StudeNewby; 09-04-2016, 07:34 PM. Reason: Typo
              Mike Davis
              Regional Manager, North Carolina
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Our chapter fielded 6 Studebakers at the Rotary Clubs "Patriots day" show today, plus another Avanti by a non member. Out of approx. 150 cars 7 Studebakers is pretty good. Three of them were picked for awards, one Hawk custom, one Bullet nose, and one Avanti.
                Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

The biggest show I go to each year is the Pumpkin Run Nationals in Owensville , Ohio . This year it is Sept.30 , Oct 1, 2nd , last year had a lot of rain and poor turnout , year before 2473 entries , their were 7 M series pickups , A few R series , Some Larks and Hawks . Studebaker did make a impact , My M series got a top 50 out of the 2473 . I was really surprised ! I am already registered this year , but do not think I have a chance to get any more trophies !
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Randy your truck would do well in any show. A real beauty

Comment

I've been taking my 62 GT to several shows in Southern Ontario and the response to the car has been overwhelming. Just this past weekend we won yet another trophy among a field of very nice cars but the uniqueness and rarity of seeing a GT has resulted in a great deal of interest at the shows I have attended. I'm 55 so I hope to be promoting Studebaker for many years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by LovelandJoe View Post
                        Randy your truck would do well in any show. A real beauty
                        Thank You ! I do well at shows , but still shocked to get the top 50 of 2473 entries , their were a lot of beautiful rides their!
                        Randy Wilkin
                        1946 M5 Streetrod
                        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
                          It seems that everyone owned 1 or 2 back in the day. Since everyone used to own them, why did our favorite brand stop making cars?
                          Refer to my post #7.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Attended a car show in Beausejour Manitoba Canada last weekend. Over 600 cars. There were 6 Stude's. Over 400 of the cars were post 1970. Lots post 2000. Unfortunately I could not make it on my T-Cab - brake issues!

BruceClick image for larger version

Name:	Stude -63 Hawk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1708917Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude 60 Hawk.jpg
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1708918Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude 35  Commander.jpg
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1708919Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude 65 Daytona.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1708920

Comment

Car show promotors here in NE TX are charging entry fees to show. $25 to $30 a car. You get a T shirt but nothing to eat or drink. Cruise-ins are just as much fun and they are free. Seeing a Stude at a show or cruise-in around here is an experience. They are about as rare at a show as my 83 Full Size Jeep Cherokee Laredo . All original except for paint ant tires

Comment

I attended the Rocky Mtn AMC car club Fall event in Longmont, CO on Saturday. Their website said Orphan Cars were invited. A man brought his recently restored 67 Avanit II to the event. The only Studebaker there. I think someday for old cars to survive combining clubs will take place. Not everyone is turning their cars into $$$$$$ Good Guys cars.
                                The Avanti had a 5 speed manual. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8299.jpg
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1708946 Lots of money had been spent. This Guy bought it finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X