Great Stude article: Automobile Magazine Daily Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Stude article: Automobile Magazine Daily Blog

SDC member Bob Merlis did a wonderful job for us in today's (Monday, August 22) Automobile magazine daily blog:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/co...21BFE043B329D6

I'm not sure why Comments dont show up on the link, but I posted gentle corrections about Daytona production years and the fact that the 1962 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car was to be the Daytona convertible from the get-go, not the oft-repeated urban legend about it being substituted for the Avanti.

My comments appeared when I posted them, along with comments from a couple other people, but no comments appear through that link, unless they'll show up later or something. No matter; it's a great article.

Thanks, Bob, if you're on the forum! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Studey or Stude? I have always been of the Stude persuasion. Neat car though. Looks like fun with that four on the floor and 289.

Comment

Thanks for informing us its now online.

It is also published in the September issue. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...obile+magazine

Craig

Comment

I have two of these, one red and the other white. Why have two, because I can. I've come a long way from not liking the Larks when I was a teenager, and when they were new, to having four in the stable now. Imho, if not the best driving cars that Studebaker produced, among the top two or three. I really wish that more "Studebaker drivers," would get over whatever biases keep them from owning a Lark, buy one and take to the road. They are cheap to buy, easy to maintain, economical to drive and reliable. What's not to like! A surprising, unexpected benefit is the positive response that stubby little car gets from most everyone. You're never going to understand until you try it!

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Thanks for informing us its now online.

It is also published in the September issue. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...obile+magazine

Craig
          Thanks, Craig, for remembering that I posted about this (article, not blog) a month ago.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If you guys follow the blog link to the end, there are many photos of Bob and his '62 that were not used in the magazine's print edition. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a nice article. If I weren't already a Studebaker lover I would certainly be tempted after reading that. The car is very beautiful and looks like a great drive. Since I cannot go ANYWHERE without people wanting to talk to me about my '55 President or '61 Champ I do my part to spread the love. I hope lots of folks read this article.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                If you guys follow the blog link to the end, there are many photos of Bob and his '62 that were not used in the magazine's print edition. BP
                I notice there are more photos in the blog.

That convertible is sure different from when he had it in South Bend in 1983. I recall it was white then.

Craig

Comment

Beautiful car.

Comment

A great looking driver. I can relate to the top down trip to South Bend. I did the same for the last South Bend International Meet in my 60. The full 500 miles but I did not get a speeding ticket. I will never forget the border guard that said "And I thought I was living the dream" when we stopped for border inspection. Those of you who drive them, keep on cruisin.
                    Bob
                    Bob
                    Welland Ontario
                    60 Lark Convertible
                    64 Daytona
                    sigpic
                    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Beautiful article about a beautiful car. I feel the same about my '59 Lark Regal Hardtop.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                      X