Name those songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name those songs

I was listening to this tune and I was surprised I hadn't remembered who is mentioned in it before:

JUST WANTED TO PAY SINCERE TRIBUTE TO A TRUE GENIUS.... TOM WAITS...SIMPLY ONE OF THE MOST VERSATILE ARTISTS EVER....HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE!!!

Anyone else want to add their favorite tune with Studebaker in it? I have one other one, but I'll wait to see if anyone else likes the song too....

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
    <snip>Anyone else want to add their favorite tune with Studebaker in it?
    Sure, here is another one: http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html
    [STUDEBAKER content about 00:41 in to it]

Comment

Good one. Only 1 other person knows a song with Studebaker in it???

Comment

Movin' Right Along
        1956 Commander Sedan
        SCCNSW, Australia.

Comment

Here are a few.

Billy The Mountain by FRANK ZAPPA

Lee Van Cleef by PRIMUS

Actin Crazy by ACTION BRONSON

Neal And Jack And Me by KING CRIMSON

Virginia Plain by ROXY MUSIC

Nice Guys (Don't Get Paid) by SOUL ASYLUM

3rd Coast feat. Den Den, Grace by Z-RO

Going To Mexico by THE STEVE MILLER BAND

We Didn't Start The Fire by BILLY JOEL

Len

Comment

Nat Stuckey, Sweet Thang and Cisco

Comment

A 'very catchy' song, devoted to a Studebaker, is "Antique '32 Studebaker Dictator Coupe" by Ronny and the Daytonas....('Little G.T.O.' fame)......It's on You-Tube!

Comment

"Do You Remember These?"-- Statler Brothers, "Studebaker"-- Warren Zevon

Comment

I don't think ANY of these are actually ABOUT a Studebaker, but then I am not going to listen to all that junk to maybe find one word "Studebaker" somewhere in there to find out either.

Here is one of the ONLY Songs I know of that actually IS about a Studebaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BufpK3Y008
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 08-22-2016, 10:53 AM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Primus?! I'll have to check that one out. Nice. Several of those I don't recall being brought up. I knew about Billy the Mountain and Virginia Plain, but I just heard mention of the Warren Zevon song.
                    Going to Mexico, We Didn't Start the Fire, Virginia Plain and Billy the Mountain ARE about a Studebaker. I think the Steve Miller song is my favorite Studebaker reference and I remember noticing it at the time when the song came out.

Comment

...."junk"...?
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

"Betty Lou's Got a New Pair of Shoes" by Bobby Freeman (of "Cmon and Swim" fame)...it's not exactly "Studebaker," but doggone close, starting at 1:03.

Mike Davis
                        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;1008713]I don't think ANY of these are actually ABOUT a Studebaker, but then I am not going to listen to all that junk to maybe find one word "Studebaker"

err, Rich,.....PLEASE re-read post #7

Comment

There's a music video (song is called 'free') by Haley Reinhart (Former American idolist) that has a Studebaker in it.... not about a Studebaker, but it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              I don't think ANY of these are actually ABOUT a Studebaker, <snip>
                              So then will these help float-your-boat???

For you Car Song fanatics, and Studebaker collectors, and Connecticut artists collectors... This one satisfies all of the above! A Cool track from 1976, reco...

Can it really get much better than this one!?!? The STUDEBAKER GLEE CLUB and the STUDEBAKER CHOIR singing about what else …STUDEBAKER!!! http://www.stude.net/Stude1.mp3
                              Last edited by 56Golden; 08-22-2016, 01:38 PM. Reason: glee club mention

Comment

Working...
                              X