Studebaker York Swap Meet ending in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madd Doodler View Post
    Less than a week now til our first ever All Studebaker swap meet in Dunkirk NY. Easy access off I 90. Right now I have 22 vendors signed up and still getting more. There will be a car corral too.
    I understand this is in a bit of a different region but is a schedule conflict with the Menomonie Wisc Swap Meet?
    sigpic

Comment

True, but with so much distance between us it shouldn't make a lot of difference.
      Steve Grant
      a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
      www.madddoodler.com
      Kinzua Region Chapter
      1881 Grain Wagon
      1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1:1 scale model kit
      1951 Champion business coupe Pro Street (project)
      1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
      1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
      1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

Just to advise all forum members, Tickets for the 2017 Keystone raffle car, the 1957 Golden hawk, are almost sold out!!! Less than 400 remain, and the Hemmings ad is drawing many sales. Go to www.sdckeystoneregion.com to order if you are interested! Thanks, Gordon --online ticket processor.

Comment

I've just read the really sad news. I attended about 10 years ago, having ordered stuff from Studebaker Int'l, had other stuff from another vendor shipped into the hotel I was staying and then spent 2 days buying other parts from vendors. It was at this event that I was able to meet Ed Reynolds, Jim Turner and other stalwarts from the Studebaker 'family.' At this same event, I brought along my door cards that I arranged to leave with Rene and Bonita Harger.

I'm sure all the major vendors will miss these events as it brings them into contact with their buyers and offers an opportunity to discuss potential future projects and requirements.

Each were very helpful and I had a great time. By the time I had packed up my 2 suitcases, I was well over the limit to fly back to the UK!

I guess the greatest sadness will be that people won't be able to speak and exchange ideas... and everyone knows far more can be gleaned in a conversation than endless emails.

Separately, but linked to the theme, someone I know in Mass. way recently took his 350 GT Mustang along to a local Ford dealership for a photo shoot. He lamented on FB that no one in the dealership took any interest in his car, which is a great shame.

The future ain't so bright, get out the shades!
          Richard
          sigpic

Comment

My thoughts go to the Zone and International meets to take over the task of the swap meets that are being canceled. Zone meets are in all parts of the country and if they were to set dates that would be of benefit for vendors, it might make another reason to attend.
            If the dates were arranged so that vendors didn't have to cris-cross the US, back and forth, but allowed them to follow the meets in an orderly fashion it might make sense.
            Just a thought. Know it would take a great deal of effort to co-ordinate the meet dates, but if it benefited the clubs with better turn outs, and vendors with more participation, it might just be worth it.
            Even if the swap meets end up as just part of the Zone and International Meets, it gives extra reason to attend.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
            X