Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockne10
    replied
    Screen names can be fun and often say something about the person. I've had a number of Studes; my '53 is probably my favorite. I chose Rockne10 because I thought there would be few competing for the name, whereas there could be many wanting to identify with their '53 Coupe or their '63 Cruiser.

Since day one my profile name has been real and my location is right where you see it.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Screen names can be fun and often say something about the person. I've had a number of Studes; my '53 is probably my favorite. I chose Rockne10 because I thought there would be few competing for the name, whereas there could be many wanting to identify with their '53 Coupe or their '63 Cruiser.

Since day one my profile name has been real and my location is right where you see it.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    When I first found this site it appeared everyone but Dick was using some sort of pseudonym. While I had always used my real name on Studebaker Truck Talk, I used my nickname here. HOWEVER, since day one I have had my real name in my profile and my location on my posts and profile.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    When I first found this site it appeared everyone but Dick was using some sort of pseudonym. While I had always used my real name on Studebaker Truck Talk, I used my nickname here. HOWEVER, since day one I have had my real name in my profile and my location on my posts and profile.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Well, the letters M and B are my initials, and I drive a Stude, so, mbstude it is. That's my 'handle' on every forum I'm on.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Well, the letters M and B are my initials, and I drive a Stude, so, mbstude it is. That's my 'handle' on every forum I'm on.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    In High School I was known to many as Studebaker Dave. Due to the number of Daves, and the fact that I was the only one who drove a Stude~ it was just easier on everyone!!!

On this Fourm I'm 'StudeDave57' because 'StudeDave' had already been used~ on other Fourms I'm the other guy...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    In High School I was known to many as Studebaker Dave. Due to the number of Daves, and the fact that I was the only one who drove a Stude~ it was just easier on everyone!!!

On this Fourm I'm 'StudeDave57' because 'StudeDave' had already been used~ on other Fourms I'm the other guy...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    I used my forum name as a pen name (sort of) before I had a computer.
    Later it seemed like a good idea not to use my real name until I fully understood the perils of the computer.
    I use my picture so people can recognize me at meets.

Lark Parker
    If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    I used my forum name as a pen name (sort of) before I had a computer.
    Later it seemed like a good idea not to use my real name until I fully understood the perils of the computer.
    I use my picture so people can recognize me at meets.

Lark Parker
    If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'm JDP only because everyone on the news group calls me JP and I can't use only two letter here.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'm JDP only because everyone on the news group calls me JP and I can't use only two letter here.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    Yeah, for me its privacy. Harsh as it may sound, I'm not fanatical on having people, many who I don't personally know, lining up at my door, particularly if nobody's home. I even go so far as keep more than just the simple browser security or rely on Window's firewall as the only security to protect privacy. Since the forum is public and anyone can view it, just like the chatrooms I attended, I keep a different name and a relative area I come from. I don't run a business but, if I need to send something or communicate to somebody, even though the screen name and location are phoney, the email is not. I also usually give my real name and a location if I meet somebody from the forum at a meet or if its necessary in the email.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    Yeah, for me its privacy. Harsh as it may sound, I'm not fanatical on having people, many who I don't personally know, lining up at my door, particularly if nobody's home. I even go so far as keep more than just the simple browser security or rely on Window's firewall as the only security to protect privacy. Since the forum is public and anyone can view it, just like the chatrooms I attended, I keep a different name and a relative area I come from. I don't run a business but, if I need to send something or communicate to somebody, even though the screen name and location are phoney, the email is not. I also usually give my real name and a location if I meet somebody from the forum at a meet or if its necessary in the email.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Then you get the REAL paranoid sorts that list some bogus country of origin. Ya hafta wonder what they're afraid of.[B)]

My profile shows "Central California" rather than the town of Visalia. Central California's more inclusive than evasive. Besides, if you're close enough to visit, you'd know where Visalia is - if not, Central California's a bit more orienting. At least, by my logic it is.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X