No announcement yet.

User Profile ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then you get the REAL paranoid sorts that list some bogus country of origin. Ya hafta wonder what they're afraid of.[B)]

My profile shows "Central California" rather than the town of Visalia. Central California's more inclusive than evasive. Besides, if you're close enough to visit, you'd know where Visalia is - if not, Central California's a bit more orienting. At least, by my logic it is.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, for me its privacy. Harsh as it may sound, I'm not fanatical on having people, many who I don't personally know, lining up at my door, particularly if nobody's home. I even go so far as keep more than just the simple browser security or rely on Window's firewall as the only security to protect privacy. Since the forum is public and anyone can view it, just like the chatrooms I attended, I keep a different name and a relative area I come from. I don't run a business but, if I need to send something or communicate to somebody, even though the screen name and location are phoney, the email is not. I also usually give my real name and a location if I meet somebody from the forum at a meet or if its necessary in the email.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Yeah, for me its privacy. Harsh as it may sound, I'm not fanatical on having people, many who I don't personally know, lining up at my door, particularly if nobody's home. I even go so far as keep more than just the simple browser security or rely on Window's firewall as the only security to protect privacy. Since the forum is public and anyone can view it, just like the chatrooms I attended, I keep a different name and a relative area I come from. I don't run a business but, if I need to send something or communicate to somebody, even though the screen name and location are phoney, the email is not. I also usually give my real name and a location if I meet somebody from the forum at a meet or if its necessary in the email.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I'm JDP only because everyone on the news group calls me JP and I can't use only two letter here.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm JDP only because everyone on the news group calls me JP and I can't use only two letter here.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I used my forum name as a pen name (sort of) before I had a computer.
              Later it seemed like a good idea not to use my real name until I fully understood the perils of the computer.
              I use my picture so people can recognize me at meets.

Lark Parker
              If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
              sigpic
              Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

I used my forum name as a pen name (sort of) before I had a computer.
                Later it seemed like a good idea not to use my real name until I fully understood the perils of the computer.
                I use my picture so people can recognize me at meets.

Lark Parker
                If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

In High School I was known to many as Studebaker Dave. Due to the number of Daves, and the fact that I was the only one who drove a Stude~ it was just easier on everyone!!!

On this Fourm I'm 'StudeDave57' because 'StudeDave' had already been used~ on other Fourms I'm the other guy...

StudeDave [8D]
                  V/P San Diego County SDC
                  San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

In High School I was known to many as Studebaker Dave. Due to the number of Daves, and the fact that I was the only one who drove a Stude~ it was just easier on everyone!!!

On this Fourm I'm 'StudeDave57' because 'StudeDave' had already been used~ on other Fourms I'm the other guy...

StudeDave [8D]
                    V/P San Diego County SDC
                    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Well, the letters M and B are my initials, and I drive a Stude, so, mbstude it is. That's my 'handle' on every forum I'm on.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Well, the letters M and B are my initials, and I drive a Stude, so, mbstude it is. That's my 'handle' on every forum I'm on.

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

When I first found this site it appeared everyone but Dick was using some sort of pseudonym. While I had always used my real name on Studebaker Truck Talk, I used my nickname here. HOWEVER, since day one I have had my real name in my profile and my location on my posts and profile.

Comment

When I first found this site it appeared everyone but Dick was using some sort of pseudonym. While I had always used my real name on Studebaker Truck Talk, I used my nickname here. HOWEVER, since day one I have had my real name in my profile and my location on my posts and profile.

Comment

Screen names can be fun and often say something about the person. I've had a number of Studes; my '53 is probably my favorite. I chose Rockne10 because I thought there would be few competing for the name, whereas there could be many wanting to identify with their '53 Coupe or their '63 Cruiser.

Since day one my profile name has been real and my location is right where you see it.

Brad Johnson
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10,
                              '51 Commander Starlight,
                              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Screen names can be fun and often say something about the person. I've had a number of Studes; my '53 is probably my favorite. I chose Rockne10 because I thought there would be few competing for the name, whereas there could be many wanting to identify with their '53 Coupe or their '63 Cruiser.

Since day one my profile name has been real and my location is right where you see it.

Brad Johnson
                                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                                '33 Rockne 10,
                                '51 Commander Starlight,
                                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                X