No announcement yet.

User Profile ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as member name goes I just use the same one for other sites. I do have my name in my profile and anyone in my area is welcome too.
    I too like looking at peoples profile to find out where they are for the same reason. If they have a part or say there is a car in their area for sale then I know if it is feasible for me to look at.
    The one thing about putting it in my profile verses as my user name is it requires someone to be a member of the site to view.

1963 Cruiser, 1963 Wagonaire, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

As far as member name goes I just use the same one for other sites. I do have my name in my profile and anyone in my area is welcome too.
      I too like looking at peoples profile to find out where they are for the same reason. If they have a part or say there is a car in their area for sale then I know if it is feasible for me to look at.
      The one thing about putting it in my profile verses as my user name is it requires someone to be a member of the site to view.

1963 Cruiser, 1963 Wagonaire, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

Good idea, see my newly revised sig. line below.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
        '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Good idea, see my newly revised sig. line below.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
          '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

My name and town are listed on my profile, stop on in for coffee or a barley pop I'm in the phone book
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

My name and town are listed on my profile, stop on in for coffee or a barley pop I'm in the phone book
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

My name and town are on my profile and my name is also on my signature.

Come by anytime but give me a little notice to clean my house & garage!

I understand people's privacy concerns. I run my home improvement business from my home and several web sites have picked up my business. There are some web sites that have me listed under home improvement, but a couple of them have a place that you can click on "Location". When you do that my home address (and map) comes up on Mapquest. I have asked them to take my address off since I have had several people (mainly salesmen) come by my house.

Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

My name and town are on my profile and my name is also on my signature.

Come by anytime but give me a little notice to clean my house & garage!

I understand people's privacy concerns. I run my home improvement business from my home and several web sites have picked up my business. There are some web sites that have me listed under home improvement, but a couple of them have a place that you can click on "Location". When you do that my home address (and map) comes up on Mapquest. I have asked them to take my address off since I have had several people (mainly salesmen) come by my house.

Leonard Shepherd
                  http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Lionel, from a business perspective I fully understand where you sre coming from especially since you run it from your home. You do have to be careful but a Hometown and name on here is appreciated. Your info was picked up from the phone book and turned into an online phonebook. Yahoo is notorious for doing what you described as are others. In your case, not advertising in the phonebook will just hurt your business so what do you do? I dont know it is a dtouchy situation.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Lionel, from a business perspective I fully understand where you sre coming from especially since you run it from your home. You do have to be careful but a Hometown and name on here is appreciated. Your info was picked up from the phone book and turned into an online phonebook. Yahoo is notorious for doing what you described as are others. In your case, not advertising in the phonebook will just hurt your business so what do you do? I dont know it is a dtouchy situation.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Hey, Dick

I use the stude53 moniker lots of places 'cause I like it.

But my profile and sig use my real name and location, and I wish everyone else did too. It's nice to know where the person is I'm responding to, and it certainly helps when you are looking for parts.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                        53 Starliner Hardtop
                        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, Dick

I use the stude53 moniker lots of places 'cause I like it.

But my profile and sig use my real name and location, and I wish everyone else did too. It's nice to know where the person is I'm responding to, and it certainly helps when you are looking for parts.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                          53 Starliner Hardtop
                          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I agree, when someone has or needs something I tend to look to see where they are. I don't think anyone within 300 miles posts on here with there locations in their profile.[?]
                            ???Hmmmm, I get it now![:I]
                            Rob

Comment

I agree, when someone has or needs something I tend to look to see where they are. I don't think anyone within 300 miles posts on here with there locations in their profile.[?]
                              ???Hmmmm, I get it now![:I]
                              Rob

Comment

Then you get the REAL paranoid sorts that list some bogus country of origin. Ya hafta wonder what they're afraid of.[B)]

My profile shows "Central California" rather than the town of Visalia. Central California's more inclusive than evasive. Besides, if you're close enough to visit, you'd know where Visalia is - if not, Central California's a bit more orienting. At least, by my logic it is.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                                1960 Larkvertible V8
                                1958 Provincial wagon
                                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X